• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UN Food Systems Summit

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
2021 UN Food Systems Summit. The UN Food Systems Summit will take place during the UN General Assembly in New York on September 23. It will seek to set the stage for global food systems transformation to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030

Part of the overall plan

Comply or Die.jpg

This is exactly what they are planning.
Long ago "we" told people to stock up on ammo, "we" told them to stock up on paper products and Clorox wipes, "we" told them to stock up on re-loading supplies..... Now "we" are telling them to stock up on food and learn how to grow a garden, butcher a hog or raise chickens... "They" are still ignoring us. "We" can't save "Them" all.

You know the really interesting part is the books and movies, 1984, Hunger Games, Idiocracy.....and many more that I can't think of at the moment are all coming true. So many are still in denial.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I don't wanna starve baaa baa . I don't want to rely on the government for food baa baa baa . I don't like not having ammo to shoot or defend my self and my family lol stock up , hoard ,
1632427752190.png

or be
1632427799919.png
lol

Starve the population to ensure compliance.

Almost like it's been done before.
What they do in North Korea based on people who have escaped. The population is starved. When you are starving, all you think about is getting food so that you can survive...you don't think about anything else. They even control the ability to farm and you get thrown into the camp should you try to divert a little food to feed your starving family versus turning it in.

Reactions: quietmike
Long ago "we" told people to stock up on ammo, "we" told them to stock up on paper products and Clorox wipes, "we" told them to stock up on re-loading supplies..... Now "we" are telling them to stock up on food and learn how to grow a garden, butcher a hog or raise chickens... "They" are still ignoring us. "We" can't save "Them" all.
“Trying to save those that I can.”

I have been telling that to people that ask what I’m up to.

There are not many in that column.

• Sad
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
What they do in North Korea based on people who have escaped. The population is starved. When you are starving, all you think about is getting food so that you can survive...you don't think about anything else. They even control the ability to farm and you get thrown into the camp should you try to divert a little food to feed your starving family versus turning it in.
And now we see the reason Bill Gates is one of the biggest owners of farmland.....

I begin my personal disaster management thinking by considering what folks did with and without back in the 1850's. A lot of our potential problems are self created, by becoming dependent on modern conveniences.

My next set of questions are about the difference between prepping (what you have) and surviving (what you find).

The former requires a stationary, defensible bastion, and the materials needed in advance are too massive in most cases to move elsewhere.

The latter depends on skills, not goods, and requires awareness, movement, and making do by living off whatever is found along the way.

Just as it is better to be a little bit cold in winter exposure, it's also better to be a little bit hungrier than full when surviving a catastrophic change. The human animal's senses and drives are sharper when they are accompanied by hunger. Many will die off, and we need to consider whether that's a good or a bad thing.

I prefer to present a moving target over a stationary one. If someone finds me and my stash, they'll be back in force, and that will not spell survival for me. This is the key problem with basing a stationary defense around a stationary generator. When a situation becomes untenable, and most will, survival will depend on abandonments; of food, of shelter, of defensive constructions, and eventually, of people, too. The first things that will be stolen will be the generators. After a time, people will be weighed and judged based on their usefulness; and some, maybe many, will be left on their own.

In the Marines we were trained to envelop and overcome. We assigned advantage and disadvantage. The invading forces (us) had the advantage of mobility. We could hit a stationary defense from any/many angles. The defender was tied to his defensive works and his stocks of equipment/supplies. He could be driven off them, or attritted among them, but going anywhere else imposed a serious degradation of their resources. Meanwhile, the attackers could be staged in waves, given rest, and sent back in, with their duration in contact being based on their supplies and ammunition discipline. None of this can be done as successfully by the defender. You can't be a turtle and carry your house on your back. Simple harassment would wear them down without substantial ammunition expenditure.

My plans, if I have any, will be based on traveling light, and on constant mobility, not necessarily fast, but constant.

Finally, a stationary defense really does need to have a large number of participants. This brings with it the burden of small unit politics.

Uh, uh... not my style. My style will need to be based on thinking outside the box, and utter surprise.

Greg

PS, Book #1, Book #2.

I, too have read 'The Ranch" series. Extremely entertaining, it is still pointless. The set of circumstances that enable the Ranch to exist are next to non-existent.

One must also consider that any potential opponent keeps their cards closer to their chests than the average survivalist fiction writer can imagine.

If you think you know everything about what one might face, you're almost certainly wrong.

If you project the image of a threat, you are taken as such. There is no way in Hell that can be beneficial.

Last edited:
I wrote this when I still had my health and my Wife. In the first instance, I am simply not suited to a nomadic lifestyle. In the second, not having Celia around essentially leaves my with very little motivation to be helpful toward others, and sometimes, even toward myself.

I live in a back seat now. My Daughter provides significant care to me, and I leave a lot of the heavy thinking to her. Good grief, but how I miss my Wife these days.

Greg