• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Unbelievable upgrade

trisurvivor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
MN,USA
So the othe day I got a proposition from a coworker. Even up trade for my hk usp 9mm and 4 LE mags that has had 2500a rounds through for sig 1911 ss. I then sold my rare usp comp for wilson combat trigger,sear, and hammer. Plus enough money for a new ed brown snakeskin speed magwell. The sig only had 150 through it.

Good deal or wash?

Re: Unbelievable upgrade

I don't get the excitement over SIG 1911s, but I hope that it serves you well.

My sig 1911 is one of the very first models, when they were still just gsr, but its a great pistol.

I've had about 3,500rds through mine, various types of ammo from steel case cheapo stuff to the expensive. Accuracy was almost consistent and good, reliability spot on. Any errors was mine or the magazine (now fixed). All for $700.

what's not to get excited about?

I am not a 1911 guy but the folks I know who are swear by them. Fit and finish as good or better than Kimber, better quality parts, and mags that actually work at the same or cheaper price point. Some 1911 prudes claim they are not 'real' 1911s because of the extractor. Now they have the Fastbacks, which are bobtailed.