• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Uncle Jerry's Fishing Story

downhill

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2010
Texas
When I was a kid, we would travel to South Texas and fish the Llano River with my Uncle Jerry. At night he would tell us fantastic stories of monster blue cats he had pulled from the river. I recently went back for a family event and realized I had not seen Jerry in 15 yrs, so went to visit and asked if he had been fishing lately. He told me he had hooked a big ole blue on a trotline in the South Llano. It was too damn big to get in the boat so he went and borrowed a John Deere tractor, jacked up the rear axle, tied his trotline to the wheel and began to winch it in. He then went on to state that the blue cat's head was so large that when he got it raised out of the water the level of the river dropped a foot! Wow! But just then the catfish snapped the tractor axle and tore off with his best trotline. I looked at Uncle Jerry and asked "Got any witnesses?". He stated "Sure as hell do but none of 'em speak English". At 84yrs old he's still got it!