• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Uncle Ted 1k shot BS

Jedi

Team AndiCapp
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2003
Mountains
Watched his show last nite, he got a new AR
Accompanied by LaRue they went to BOTW to shoot, my local range i know it well
So anyway Ted is all excited to shoot 1k, however the 1K shot that was broadcast was in fact 250yds. Real apparent to any who know range, shame on you Ted
1k my ass

Re: Uncle Ted 1k shot BS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ted Nugent</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Nugent gets his hands on their new OBR PrediTAR .308 rifle and gets a lesson on the finer points of the weapon from renowned military sniper trainer Todd Hodnet. Ted's highpoint of the day: a 1,000 yard target that, when he hits it, causes a massive explosion that even he didn't expect.</div></div>

Well now... isnt that special!?!

and also not surprizing considering...

So sad.

Yep Ted Nugent
thou i think you answered your own question

You gotta remember, that many times, the people being filmed have NO control over what happens after the show is filmed.
It could have taken 20 shots to make contact at 1k, and the footage may not have been very good...so they just splice in the clip of a good hit at closer range for production value.

95% of the people won't know the difference.

I'm not saying that's what happend, and Ted has had his fair share of on camera blunders...but I wouldn't hang him for this one, when it probably wasn't his doing.

LOL so what. Most of the shows on that channel are just paid advertisements anyways. Besides they only sucker in the stupids who deserve to get boned for whatever inflated retail priced item they're pimping.

If he hit the 250 yard target 4 times that'd be 1000...

Did you catch the stats for the Larue OBR? range.. 2 miles..

That show was a let downs let down..

Ch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You gotta remember, that many times, the people being filmed have NO control over what happens after the show is filmed.
It could have taken 20 shots to make contact at 1k, and the footage may not have been very good...so they just splice in the clip of a good hit at closer range for production value.

95% of the people won't know the difference.

I'm not saying that's what happend, and Ted has had his fair share of on camera blunders...but I wouldn't hang him for this one, when it probably wasn't his doing. </div></div>

What he said. There is a very good chance he shot at 1000 and who ever edited it spliced in the 250y because it was a better shot.

Maybe so but FWIW, remember that most of the explosive stuff that isn’t command detonated requires a little more velocity than a 308 will have at 1000 yards.

(tongue in cheek) Even with a “Rifle System” that is one mile accurate after swapin' scopes from your buddy's gun.
whistle.gif