• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Uncommon Vietnam sniper bringback

xarmor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2008
Austin, Tx
Here is a 1903a4 that my father in law brought back from Vietnam. he did three tours, one in the USMC and two with the Army. He was not the luckiest of soldiers and spent 20 months in the hospital. He retired after 20 years of service and is one of the toughest bastards I know. This rifle is actually one of the 1st thousand made and has a barrel date of Jan-43. It shoots 2-3" groups at 100 yds (no laughing please) but can still hit inside 6" circle at 300 yards. He also sent home the Luger and a NVA made SKS. This old gal is a pretty cool rifle with a shady past...... Made it through 3 wars. Anybody else have one of Americas earliest tactical
grin.gif
weapons? Any bringbacks?

If this is the wrong forum for this let me know and I will move it.

100_1719_edited.jpg

100_1730_edited-1.jpg

Re: Uncommon Vietnam sniper bringback

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very cool! </div></div>

+1

Your Dad sounds like quite the Marine.
THanks for sharing the story and the photos.

Wonderful piece of history. Great read. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your Dad sounds like quite the Marine.
THanks for sharing the story and the photos. </div></div>
And your father in law!
grin.gif

A buddy of my dad's sent back the SKS. I switched out the fixed 10rd mag for a 20 but still have the original wrapped up.
IMG_0523.jpg

The 1917 S&W is what my grandfather carried in WWI. It was the first centerfire pistol I ever fired and one I'll keep for ever.
IMG_0134.jpg

A very good friend of mine, and former Marine Scout Sniper, Dan Hignight, has a rifle made from the steering wheel of some French Car! Pretty scary looking thing that I definitely would not want to pull the trigger on! Need to get some pics of it on my next visit. "Dirty Dan" is a Silver Star recipient with many of his fellow Marines requesting his Silver Star be upgraded to the CMH. Hell of a man and Marine!

I especially like the export license, that sure makes quite the family heirloom...