• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Under $350 scope recommendation

MDM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
Ohio
Need a scope to shoot in local steel matches from 200-1100yds. I've been reading up on the Millet TRS-1, and SS 16x. Midway has the 6x18 mildot Buckmaster on sale now too. Anything else I should consider? I'd like to stay away from Chinese stuff.

Re: Under $350 scope recommendation

Maybe the SS 10x. I have heard the FOV on the 16x leaves a little to be desired.

Look at WOTAC too, that will be within your price range as well.

Other than saving more money for a better scope...the following are options in your price range that should get the job done:

1) SWFA SS 10x or 16x (the FOV is roughly cut in 1/2 from the 10x to the 16x...14ft at 100yds vs. 7ft), but both are good scopes for the money;

2) Bushnell Elite 3200 series scopes - they offer a fixed 10x that is a decent scope for not a lot of dough (<$200) that offers a good field of view and good glass...they also have a couple of variables, including a 4-14x and 5-15x that are also okay for the money);

3) Burris Fullfield II 3.5-10x.

There may be others out there for around the same price range, but that gives you some addt'l options to consider.

I'm thinking that maybe I should pony up a little more and get the Vortex Viper 6.5x20

I can't personally comment on the Vipers having not used one myself, but they seem to get excellent reviews here on the site. Run a search and have a look through the comments posted on the Viper. If you want a variable with a higher magnification range, that might be a great option for you for a little extra money!

Look for something with a MOA type recticle.
We call corrections in moa. Just easier if we are all on the same page. I've looked through a couple mil scopes and those dots just seem big.

Check out Sightron. A guy had one of their target scopes at a paper shoot last month and it seemed to be pretty nice at 1000.

Hope to see you this weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We call corrections in moa.</div></div>

I don't know who "we" is, but it doesn't include me, nor does it include most military and LE snipers - mil reticles are overwhelmingly used in those applications.

These are all really nice scope for the price.

- Super Sniper
- Used Falcon Menace
- Bushnell Elite 3200 10x42
- Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x42

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That weaver 3-10 looks nice, has anyone used it? I would be putting it on my SPRish 18" 223 build.</div></div>

Im interested in the weaver as well. I know that lowlight said he was going to do a review of one shortly, anyone else got one yet? i'm specifically interested in how the lack of a parallax adjustment will affect the function of the scope.

The bushnell 3200 5-15x40 tactical is a great scope. I have had mine for three years and it has never come off of zero. check internet specials and you can get one with a mildot reticle for about $325 shipped.

What do you all think of a new Vortex Viper 6.5x20x44 shipped to my door for $378?

Check out the Nikon Monarch line, great scopes for the $$.

I would do a Sightron SII or a Vortex Viper at that price point.

swfa ss 10x. repeatable and glass looks better than my mk4

The vortex viper 3x9 reticle has 1.5 4.5 7.5 and 11 moa vertical dots. 3.6 MOA
horizontal and 7.2 MOA duplex points. I believe the 4.5x14 is the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That weaver 3-10 looks nice, has anyone used it? I would be putting it on my SPRish 18" 223 build. </div></div>
Weaver makes good stuff for good prices. I use a T-series fixed scope and it is excellent: very repeatable and reliable.

I took deliver of the 6.5x20x44 Viper from Cameraland today. Got a sunshade, and a free Vortex Tshirt with the order. Got quite a discount for being a Hide member. Going to go pick up some Burris XTR's tonight.