• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Under $575 scope for NRL22

K2e2vin

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2014
I currently have an Athlon Midas TAC 5-25 scope on my CZ 457 but that pushes me into Open Class. Lack of chassis options(left handed) makes me reluctant on committing to Open and just keeping the rifle Base. I have an EP5 on another rifle that I can throw on there and keep me in Base, but it's pretty dang heavy. Even with the Midas on there, it already feels top heavy. I was also considering the Bushnell Match Pro. Anyone know how these two compare? Any other scopes I should be looking at?

Do you have a full-length ARCA rail on the forend? The feeling of top-heavy can often be caused by insufficient stability of the forend on a bag, and the wide flat of a rail helps with that a lot.

Other than that, the EP5 is the scope you’re looking for.

Reactions: FuhQ
I currently have an Athlon Midas TAC 5-25 scope on my CZ 457 but that pushes me into Open Class. Lack of chassis options(left handed) makes me reluctant on committing to Open and just keeping the rifle Base. I have an EP5 on another rifle that I can throw on there and keep me in Base, but it's pretty dang heavy. Even with the Midas on there, it already feels top heavy. I was also considering the Bushnell Match Pro. Anyone know how these two compare? Any other scopes I should be looking at?
In that price range, I’d say get another EP5. 🤷🏼 You’re already familiar with the reticle and the scope itself. Keep it simple.

I know it’s a bit of a pig, but you’re not likely to find many high-adjustment 34mm FFP scopes that weigh much less than the EP5, that is actually built tough enough to handle competition abuse, track true (with a guarantee), and have good turrets, in the sub-$600 price range.

Reactions: acudaowner
I like my Midas TAC more than the EP5, hence why I'm trying to see if anyone has tried the Match Pro. Seems very popular with the 22lr crowd.

I don't have an ARCA rail but may consider it. It feels top heavy with the Midas TAC, which is about 10oz lighter than the EP5.