• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Understanding the current Accuracy International market

ROLEXrifleman

Snipers Hide Original
Minuteman
  • Dec 23, 2004
    INDIANA
    Man, first i'd never thought I'd lose touch with the industry, trends, or available options in "sniper" rifles. Secondly, I'd never thought I'd be posting about an AW in a "vintage sniper rifle" subforum on The Hide. But just like Dewey tells Hal in an episode of Malcom in the Middle, " The Future is now, old man".

The little one is going to college, the other just got married, thinking about traveling with the wife........ growing up sucks!!! lol
    With that said, i think it's time to dig out some guns from the safe and let others enjoy them. the problem is, I don't know what anything is worth anymore.
    I know for a fact the 1st one I'm gonna let go is a 06 AW 1.5 in .308. It's all original with either 24 or 26 inch barrel, can't remember off the top of my head. At any rate, the rifle is in mint condition with less than 200 rounds don the pipe. What in today's market can I expect to get out of this rifle? There's other accessories that I have for it but just looking to get an idea of what a bare bones "classic" is worth. It does have an S&B 4-16 PMII on it as well, so if you can advise on the scope as well...... any help would be appreciated. (No, the scope does not have the AI logo on the side)

Again, thanks in advance for any help you can provide me in figuring what's what now a days. It's been a hell of a run and while I'm not getting out completely, I think I'd be smart to start figuring out my end game sooner than later. And for those of you that remember my screen name over the last almost 20 years......... I just turned 45 last week..... so I'm not that old yet!!!! lol

Reactions: SURGE
    Think there was one on gunbroker. Saw in another thread. Was over $6k when I last looked. Some figured it would see $8k when said and done

Edit:

Here it is. 308 and 6.5 barrels and kit. So a few extras. But went for $8500

Last edited:
    Man, first i'd never thought I'd lose touch with the industry, trends, or available options in "sniper" rifles. Secondly, I'd never thought I'd be posting about an AW in a "vintage sniper rifle" subforum on The Hide. But just like Dewey tells Hal in an episode of Malcom in the Middle, " The Future is now, old man".

The little one is going to college, the other just got married, thinking about traveling with the wife........ growing up sucks!!! lol
    With that said, i think it's time to dig out some guns from the safe and let others enjoy them. the problem is, I don't know what anything is worth anymore.
    I know for a fact the 1st one I'm gonna let go is a 06 AW 1.5 in .308. It's all original with either 24 or 26 inch barrel, can't remember off the top of my head. At any rate, the rifle is in mint condition with less than 200 rounds don the pipe. What in today's market can I expect to get out of this rifle? There's other accessories that I have for it but just looking to get an idea of what a bare bones "classic" is worth. It does have an S&B 4-16 PMII on it as well, so if you can advise on the scope as well...... any help would be appreciated. (No, the scope does not have the AI logo on the side)

Again, thanks in advance for any help you can provide me in figuring what's what now a days. It's been a hell of a run and while I'm not getting out completely, I think I'd be smart to start figuring out my end game sooner than later. And for those of you that remember my screen name over the last almost 20 years......... I just turned 45 last week..... so I'm not that old yet!!!! lol

I sold that exact scope in the spring for $2800. On an AW, id guess the whole thing could go for close to $11000.

Dude at 45 you have lots of range days left in ya! Take that AW out and shoot it and you will be hooked again. The more we shoot the more we want to shoot. You ain't dead yet!

Reactions: mzvarner
    @ROLEXrifleman , I remember when you were the go to dude on all things Accuracy International back in the early 00’s, back when AW’s AE’s and AICS’s were gaining popularity…

I think there’s still a sticky thread by you somewhere titled “Accuracy International magazine differences” or something like that…..

As for what your 308 AW 1.5 is worth: who knows these days?

A very successful salesman once told me
    “The value of an item is established when money changes hands.”

I’ve seen AWs sell locally for $3500 and also seen them go for stupid money; upwards of $5K. I also saw a 1.0 AW in 308 languish in the PX here for months. Sadly I didn’t have the cash at the time.

Reactions: Defender3
    @ROLEXrifleman , I remember when you were the go to dude on all things Accuracy International back in the early 00’s, back when AW’s AE’s and AICS’s were gaining popularity…

I think there’s still a sticky thread by you somewhere titled “Accuracy International magazine differences” or something like that…..

I’ve seen AWs sell locally for $3500 and also seen them go for stupid money; upwards of $5K. I also saw a 1.0 AW in 308 languish in the PX here for months. Sadly I didn’t have the cash at the time.
    Back when I got my AXMC it took me forever to sell my 338,300 win 1.5 AW with a 4-16 S&B AI marked scope and my .308 AW 1.5. I should have held onto them if people are getting stupid money like this. Also took a bit to unload my extra skins if I remember correctly.

Back when I got my AXMC it took me forever to sell my 338,300 win 1.5 AW with a 4-16 S&B AI marked scope and my .308 AW 1.5. I should have held onto them if people are getting stupid money like this. Also took a bit to unload my extra skins if I remember correctly.

Yeah I eventually sold my 2x AWs and 4-16x42…nobody wanted them in 2016…😡.

But I got into an AX and TT 5-25 for less than $8k total so all things in perspective I guess

@Jrb572 @dms416

Suddenly everyone thinks thumbholes are cool.

Just look at what guys were paying for AI AT thumhole butt stock skins when they weren’t widely available a couple years ago…

It’s like 2004 all over again.

I duuno why, they never went out of style with me.
    Yeah I bought a few Extra side from mile high for $50. Wish I had kept the .308 AW

@Jrb572 @dms416

Suddenly everyone thinks thumbholes are cool.

Just look at what guys were paying for AI AT thumhole butt stock skins when they weren’t widely available a couple years ago…

It’s like 2004 all over again.

I duuno why, they never went out of style with me.

Yeah, non/anti AI guys beat them up, and after going full pistol grip, they weren't doing me any favors either.

But there is something about the AW profile that still calls to me...

Dude at 45 you have lots of range days left in ya! Take that AW out and shoot it and you will be hooked again. The more we shoot the more we want to shoot. You ain't dead yet!
    Thanks for the reminder that 45 is not even close to over the hill. Truth be told, even getting rid of one still leaves me several. The short term plan, next 3 years, is to buy about 10 acres, build my retirement house and enjoy shooting every day!

I appreciate you remembering me!!!! Those days bring back awesome memories. I'm glad I was able to share everything I could with you guys. I'm also happy I was able to do so much over the last 20 years. My heart will always belong to the AI rifle so with that said, if I can't get what I think the kit is worth I may just keep it. I'm gonna do a little more digging but don't be surprised if you see a clean AW turn key kit pop up in the FS section.

Reactions: VSP968
    @ROLEXrifleman

I just looked and we joined up here within a month of each other. That’s almost twenty years ago now.

It’s kinda’ funny at this point regarding the thumb hole thing- everything old is eventually new again.

I’m at the point now in my life where I won’t sell anything that’s not easily replaceable, unless it’s a real crisis and I gotta have the money.

Go and shoot those rifles….

Reactions: Rookie
    To keep ageing away one needs to shoot a formal shooting event so that scores can be compared as the years go by. And, the formal event should be off hand shooting that measures physical condition. In the US I would recommend small bore metallic silhouette. Train till you score 30+ out of 40 at a "young" age and try to keep up as the years pass by. This will automatically put pressure on oneself to get physical training and an excuse to get better mousetraps.

I bought this AIAW with a Bartlien barrel from Mile High around 2000. I thought a while back I'd sell my AIAW and to upgrade to an AIMC. But realized it wouldn't shoot any better than my AW so I never upgraded. Best decision I ever made.The target is 6 5 shot 100 yard groups. I wouldn't sell it even if I was offered $11000. It will go to the grave with me.

Last edited:
    @ROLEXrifleman

I just looked and we joined up here within a month of each other. That’s almost twenty years ago now.

It’s kinda’ funny at this point regarding the thumb hole thing- everything old is eventually new again.

I’m at the point now in my life where I won’t sell anything that’s not easily replaceable, unless it’s a real crisis and I gotta have the money.

Go and shoot those rifles….
    There are a few of us old guys still around. I see the 3 of us joined in 2004. Must have been after Scout died and we all had to rejoin. I don't post much but I am here everyday. Still shooting, still learning.

There are a few of us old guys still around. I see the 3 of us joined in 2004. Must have been after Scout died and we all had to rejoin. I don't post much but I am here everyday. Still shooting, still learning.

There are very few of us original crew still around. Good to see you all still here.

I bought this AIAW with a Bartlien barrel from Mile High around 2000. I thought a while back I'd sell my AIAW and to upgrade to an AIMC. But realized it wouldn't shoot any better than my AW so I never upgraded. Best decision I ever made.The target is 6 5 shot 100 yard groups. I wouldn't sell it even if I was offered $11000. It will go to the grave with me.

The thing I like about the old school AI AW rifles with the old barrels is there is none of this B.S. about cold bore, warm up shots, cleaned, fouler shots and all that crazy stuff.

The one I have will put the first bullet exactly on the dot where you wanted it and the rest of them land right on top of the first.
    Clean it, hit the same spot, don't clean it for a bit, hit the same spot, come back 2 years later, hit the same spot.
    (Mind you this is a .308 so the barrel if not run hard will probably last a lifetime).

I have 5 AI's and I shoot them all. I have 1 of the 100 AI-PSR load out kits.
    It's been thru 9 barrels for 33xc to .308 and still shoots great.
    As samnev said I too love shooting .308. My AI-AE is my .308 gun.

I agree. Ive said it before but if life takes a turn for the worst, and I’m living on the street, i’ll be pushing a shopping cart down the road with a AW sticking out of it.

I agree. Ive said it before but if life takes a turn for the worst, and I’m living on the street, i’ll be pushing a shopping cart down the road with a AW sticking out of it.
    That's...... Hilarious

hilarious.gif

Think there was one on gunbroker. Saw in another thread. Was over $6k when I last looked. Some figured it would see $8k when said and done

Edit:

Here it is. 308 and 6.5 barrels and kit. So a few extras. But went for $8500

This AW belonged to one of my best friends and we sold a bunch of guns through Lock Stock and Barrel. The gun was in great condition with a bunch of extras, but we were surprised by the bidding and the ending price. I sold an 08 AW with OEW 308 barrel, original OD thumbhole stocksides, Victorskin stock sides, AI 34mm scope mount, and some other extras for $4,250 in 2021 which was the going rate then, but it seems that there's more "collector" interest in the original AWs now than there used to be so maybe $8500 for my friend's AW is a fair price with all the extra barrels and other stuff that it came with.

This AW belonged to one of my best friends and we sold a bunch of guns through Lock Stock and Barrel. The gun was in great condition with a bunch of extras, but we were surprised by the bidding and the ending price. I sold an 08 AW with OEW 308 barrel, original OD thumbhole stocksides, Victorskin stock sides, AI 34mm scope mount, and some other extras for $4,250 in 2021 which was the going rate then, but it seems that there's more "collector" interest in the original AWs now than there used to be so maybe $8500 for my friend's AW is a fair price with all the extra barrels and other stuff that it came with.
    One just sold in the px for $7500 I think

Hi Hide! Been years since i've posted and we used to be close... I was an avid AI shooter and collector. I purchased most all of my rifles and gear from my buddy Stacey Blankenship. Had multiples of every rifle offered, a covert all accessories and S&B and Premier gack. Today I'm getting ready to sell off what I have left as they sit and I'm starting a new business endeavor. Trying to find the right buyer and get a fair market price for everything. What you see here also includes a .22 "trainer" repeater 2.0 I had custom built by Moon at GAP. Heart action. Same weight. It's sick. This will be sold too. If it's fine with the group, please lmk what you think at least the value of my rifles is.. Any and all help is appreciated Hide! You guys were always great to me and vice versa! Cheers
    IMG_5312.jpg
    IMG_5318.jpg

Last edited:
    Hi Hide! Been years since i've posted and we used to be close... I was an avid AI shooter and collector. I purchased most all of my rifles and gear from my buddy Stacey Blankenship. Had multiples of every rifle offered, a covert all accessories and S&B and Premier gack. Today I'm getting ready to sell off what I have left as they sit and I'm starting a new business endeavor. Trying to find the right buyer and get a fair market price for everything. What you see here also includes a .22 "trainer" repeater 2.0 I had custom built by Moon at GAP. Heart action. Same weight. It's sick. This will be sold too. Please lmk what you think. Any and all help is appreciated HIde! You guys were always great to me and vice versa! Cheers
    View attachment 8377322
    May want to post this in the sale section if that’s your intention. Also must be a supporter. Posting here is asking for the ban cat

May want to post this in the sale section if that’s your intention. Also must be a supporter. Posting here is asking for the ban cat
    ahh... i wouldn't even know. my first time back in 1000 years. ok thanks for the heads up. Really just trying to get an opinion on worth.

Hi Hide! Been years since i've posted and we used to be close... I was an avid AI shooter and collector. I purchased most all of my rifles and gear from my buddy Stacey Blankenship. Had multiples of every rifle offered, a covert all accessories and S&B and Premier gack. Today I'm getting ready to sell off what I have left as they sit and I'm starting a new business endeavor. Trying to find the right buyer and get a fair market price for everything. What you see here also includes a .22 "trainer" repeater 2.0 I had custom built by Moon at GAP. Heart action. Same weight. It's sick. This will be sold too. If it's fine with the group, please lmk what you think at least the value of my rifles is.. Any and all help is appreciated Hide! You guys were always great to me and vice versa! Cheers
    View attachment 8377322View attachment 8377436

the AW is in the $8500+ range. maybe more now. lately, it seems they are going close to $10k when on an open auction site.

there was an AW on gunbroker with a USO LR-17 on it and it sold for $9600+ fees so almost $10,000 when said and done.

as to the Hall, its a very cool rifle. id be interested in buying it as i have an AW also but its in no way in the same price ballpark as the AW.

Last edited:
    • Love
    the AW is in the $8500+ range. maybe more now. lately, it seems they are going close to $10k when on an open auction site.

there was an AW on gunbroker with a USO LR-17 on it and it sold for $9600+ fees so almost $10,000 when said and done.

as to the Hart, its a very cool rifle. id be interested in buying it as i have an AW also but its in no way in the same price ballpark as the AW.
    Thanks mate! That's very helpful and much the same as what my research is showing. I have barrel change kit, a second set of black skins, mounts and even the OG Premier that will be offered as well. It hurts. This was the love of my life lol...Thanks again

Reactions: Charger442
    I've long admired the AW, but I ended up getting an AXMC, and it's been fantastic. I primarily shoot 300WM, but the ability to quickly switch to other long-range calibers is a huge plus. Plus, finding compatible barrels for it has been a breeze.

Still love my AW even with the more modern AI's I have.
    I have a friend who is looking for an AWP rifle right now. He's a collector. I'm looking around. It appears that few were brought into the US but to be fair it was so long ago I think it impractical to be so narrow focused.

I have a friend who is looking for an AWP rifle right now. He's a collector. I'm looking around. It appears that few were brought into the US but to be fair it was so long ago I think it impractical to be so narrow focused.
    have my AIAW and a .22 AI clone listed here in teh EE if he has any interest. DM me. Thanks