• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Understanding Zeiss Rapid Z

skeeter73

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2008
Aiken South Carolina
First off I dont understand whats is happening on the web site with there software.
Example: They have Actual holdover and Calibration Holdover.
Bar 6 <span style="color: #FF0000">Actual</span> 10.88 <span style="color: #3333FF">Calibration</span> 8.8 600 yards
Bar 8 <span style="color: #CC0000">Actual</span> 18.67 <span style="color: #3333FF">Calibartion</span> 15.10 815 Yards
Also it has list that my Optimum power with a <span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">10</span> power scope should be <span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">8.09</span>. My scope does not have single power marking so do you just take an educated guess for the power.
Thanks Anthony

Re: Understanding Zeiss Rapid Z

i was just in the ballistic z calculator myself. it appears that for FGMM .308 in 175 grain that with a 200 yrd zero, each line down on the scale like line 3 = just about 300 yards. 297 to b exact. then line 4 = 400 yards, 397 to be exact. it appears to work out to each numbered line equalling that yardage in 100 yard increments.

I get that. whats confussing is Bar 6 Actual holdover is 10.88 Calibration 8.8 for 600 yards. Whats the differnce in the two numbers. Or why is there two numbers (8.8-10.88)

Ok I tack it that Actual is what you and I should get in our ballistic software. Calibration is what Zeiss is using some how for there Rapid z recticle.

I was thinking about buying the 800 yard Rapid Z. Has anyone used this out to 800 yards before? If so how acurate is it?
Anthony

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Your ballistic reticle is made around a specific muzzle velocity, ballistic coefficient, and density altitude. Change any of those three items and your ballistic reticle will not work correctly. Not to mention a drastic change in temperature. You can dial to correct for the range in which you are shooting however the rest of the reticle is now useless. Change in the DA will also have a affect on your windage lines. Meaning they also will not be correct.
</div></div>

The RapidZ-800 is not set up for the .308. It more closely represents the .338, 7mm Rem Mag., 300 Win. Mag., etc.

I have one on my .308 but I've mapped it out. It does have MOA grids on it for ranging.

Mine's for sale if you're interested.

I've shot mine out to 600 on a 338RUM and it is right on. The windage marks are nice too. Used it in Africa on several animals out to ~400yds and had no issues.