• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Underwater gun firing

Re: Underwater gun firing

I just put that on my subscription list. Good stuff. Has been done before but cool all the same

The Russians did something like this in the 70s with an AK74 which had really long(like 120mm) spear rounds for use with their under-water specops stuff. I don't think the issue with it was the cycling or the pressure, but the bullet shape and how well it was able to displace water as it fired, to get the highest impulse and stabilization.

aps.jpg

FYI,

I screen shot and captured it, the slide is moving before the bullet leaves the barrel, you can even see the gas coming out, but moving it frame by frame the slide clearly begins to unlock and move before the bullet has left, almost an 1/8" of inch of slide movement, or at least a noticeable amount. <span style="font-style: italic">(Look 3:08 to 3:09 )</span>

I need that camera to capture an AR15 doing the same thing now. LOL

I have always wondered about the loss of pressure out the sides of a revolver. I still wouldnt look down the barrel of a 44.mag though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI,

I screen shot and captured it, the slide is moving before the bullet leaves the barrel, you can even see the gas coming out, but moving it frame by frame the slide clearly begins to unlock and move before the bullet has left, almost an 1/8" of inch of slide movement, or at least a noticeable amount. <span style="font-style: italic">(Look 3:08 to 3:09 )</span>

I need that camera to capture an AR15 doing the same thing now. LOL </div></div>

QFT

Hopefully this can be kept handy the next time someone wants to argue about the timing of the lugs unlocking.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI,

I need that camera to capture an AR15 doing the same thing now. LOL </div></div>

In this clip it looks like slide starts moving after bullet leaves barrel. I am assuming timing is different from model to model/or gun to gun?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltyEyNfdp8I&feature=related

You are correct, however it does also move before the bullet leaves, if you watch closely as soon as the smoke is coming out, it does move quite a bit.

You are probably also correct it can be based on model too...

Both are good videos.

I wasn't sure if initial movement was recoil.Would help to know if gun was mounted or hand held. Is timing something that could be different between specific guns(same brand and model)? As you might have guessed,I know diddly squat about complex issues like barrel/lug timing.

I suspect if you donated the guns he would test anything. It's all click revenue for him after that.
wink.gif