• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Underworld Arm Side Charging Handle

MSwan

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2022
San Diego
I’ve been looking for ways to upgrade my competition AR and the convenience of a side charging handle has shown to be a benefit. Having shot my buddy’s JP with the integral side-charger, I’m looking for ways to incorporate the concept on my build…short of buying a JP.

I came across the Underworld Arms side charging handle when searching the internet. It looks like it would accomplish my desired effect and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it or something similar. It’s shown “out of stock” on their website for some time now or else I’d already be running it.

Does anyone have one to sell or can provide some insight on it? Or even have something else to offer as an option that I should take a look at?

Thanks in advance…
1699225997677.jpeg

Yeah I saw that one but I can’t mount that with my Spuhr. Plus, I’m a little skeptical of that two-piece system.

Appreciate the idea though. Happy Thanksgiving

wanna jump into the side charging world with a finely crafted American made yet reliable and accurate weapon system? Bear Creek Arsenal Gen2 side charging uppers . It’s the wave of the future might as well buy now before the market determines a higher price !

Yeah I saw that one but I can’t mount that with my Spuhr. Plus, I’m a little skeptical of that two-piece system.

Appreciate the idea though. Happy Thanksgiving
Definitely makes the optic mounting situation more complicated. Looks like an outfit named gun fighter gear made one extremely similar to the underworld design but they might be extinct as well. Perhaps gunbroker ebay etc

wanna jump into the side charging world with a finely crafted American made yet reliable and accurate weapon system? Bear Creek Arsenal Gen2 side charging uppers . It’s the wave of the future might as well buy now before the market determines a higher price !
I keep hearing folks who are quite happy with their BCA uppers or rifles for the money, I suspect their QC has improved a bit, still not something I would put a lot of trust in

I keep hearing folks who are quite happy with their BCA uppers or rifles for the money, I suspect their QC has improved a bit, still not something I would put a lot of trust in
Yes it’s in good fun I actually have a bear creek rifle that I’ve had good luck with , works good - shoots well zero problems. But it’s a mess around / deer drive gun in .450 bushmaster

Reactions: GrimySuave
There GTO I have two

Gibbz arms of joe bobs spartan side charging upper. Both are non reciprocating just like the jp but cost way less. I have a joe bobs which I’m pretty sure is made by gibbz and it works great

A good 10 years ago there was a company called American spirit arms (ASA) who made a non reciprocating side charging upper. It had it build into the upper and the charging nob connected by a notch in the BCG. always worked smooth as butter and a fun conversation piece. Still have it. But when I started shooting suppressed, I got a lot of blow back from the side of the upper which made it not so fun to shoot. Might still be able to find some floating around somewhere.