• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Unertl 50cal on ebay

Re: Unertl 50cal on ebay

I never heard of an optical device "not legal for the general public". Did somebody pass a new law, or is this just a marketing ploy (um..... perhaps)?

Sellers history or lack of might cause people to be a little gun shy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1SMALLJOHNSON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never heard of an optical device "not legal for the general public". Did somebody pass a new law, or is this just a marketing ploy (um..... perhaps)? </div></div>
If the scope was never sold to the public; one could only purchase the scope illegally.

At $140.00 for shipping this is gona be a steal!

I don't think that scope was produced in Mars, Pa. Made by the same people that made the "T" series.

Letter says it was left after the contract had expired, making it surplus. I loved the shipping cost as well.

He has been wanting 6500 on Gunbroker for the last week or two.

Has not had any interest at that price obviously, hence now they are on ebay.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: i_rep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He has been wanting 6500 on Gunbroker for the last week or two.

Has not had any interest at that price obviously, hence now they are on ebay.

Mark </div></div>

! $6500.00 American doll hairs? Is he insane? Is that you swamper?

John,

What is the diifference between a 50 cal and a standard Unertl?

Legit Unertl "Sniper" scopes are bringing the $6k or more as there are only a few in private hands. Heck the civilian ones are pushing $3k and I bet you won't find many MST-100's for the $2750.

Pat

This is an MST-150 so what would be a fixed 15x. An MST-100 would be a fixed 10x.

As stated knobs for I believe 750gr .50bmg out to 1800. Where an MST-100 is for the 175gr 308 out to 1000.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Here's a pic of one mounted.

DSC00368.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: i_rep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is an MST-150 so what would be a fixed 15x. An MST-100 would be a fixed 10x.

As stated knobs for I believe 750gr .50bmg out to 1800. Where an MST-100 is for the 175gr 308 out to 1000.

Hope this helps,
Mark </div></div>
I think both are 10X. The MST 100's were set up for 173's.

Different dials, same scope.

Would a new set of dials be available
smile.gif
If one could get a Unertl 50 cal for $2700...........

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It woould be a pain in the ass, could be done though. I woould hate to change the knob out, it would destroy the value of the scope.
John III </div></div>

John

My understanding is that the tread on the elevation shaft is different from the 308. The 50 cal scopes have the same amount of rotation, but it gives a different change in elevation. I may be wrong; I only got to play with a 50 cal scope for a short while a couple of years back.

Dave P