• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Unertl: Hash Marks = ? MOA

LeadSlinger585

Private
Minuteman
I got a Unertl Hawk via Gunbroker a while ago. No manual came with the scope.

I've tried Googling the answer, but I can't find anything.

What MOA are the scope's windage and elevation set at? 1 hash mark = 1 MOA @ 100 yards? 1/2 MOA? I don't think it's 1/4 MOA.

By lucky guesswork (and a big ass target) I was able to get zeroed in at 100 yards after 250 rounds and 2 range sessions.

If no one here knows what the marks:MOA is, what can I do to find out? Would the best way be to zero in @ 100 again and move 4 hash marks over and measure first shot to the second?

Wouldn't you be able to work it out by shooting at your big ass target and measuring impact shift?

250 rounds to get it zeroed. Damn'it man. You could of bought a Bender.

Aim at bullseye or center of target and fire a round. Use this bullet hole as your new point of aim. Line cross hair on this bullet hole, while looking through scope, now adjust cross hair away from this impact to the target center. You should now be zeroed.

Takes me at most 5 shots to zero a rifle typically. Sometimes I can do it in 2 or 3.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Indeed, but it wouldn't look right on my left handed K98k copy.

Also, I fucked up when I first mounted my scope - I didn't tighten the screws enough, and the scope was rotating in the rings. 2nd time around, it took me 30 rounds. I know, I know but I'm new to this.

Indeed, but it wouldn't look right on my left handed K98k copy.

Also, I fucked up when I first mounted my scope - I didn't tighten the screws enough, and the scope was rotating in the rings. 2nd time around, it took me 30 rounds. I know, I know but I'm new to this.

Get online and look for free targets. There are target printouts that have 1" sqaures to make sighting in easier. These sqaures may also help you determine what your scope adjustments are doing per click.

http://targets.ws/sight-in-targets.htm