• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unertl to rail adapter ?

downhill

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2010
Texas
Just picked up a Ranger 22lr(Win 52 copy). It has Unertl scope mounts on it. Does anyone make an Unertl to Rail adapter that would allow the use of regular rings and scopes.

Re: Unertl to rail adapter ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: downhill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just picked up a Ranger 22lr(Win 52 copy). It has Unertl scope mounts on it. Does anyone make an Unertl to Rail adapter that would allow the use of regular rings and scopes. </div></div>

The Ranger .22lr was made by Stevens, it's the same rifle as their 416 target model with a slightly different stock. I am not aware of anyone that makes a mount to use a conventional scope on it. You may want to look up Ken Vianni, he made some mounts for Winchester 52's and H&R M-12's that used the scope block and peep sight mounting holes. I seem to remember someone making a cantilever mount that used the scope block holes that would fit most any rifle but I don't remember who made it.

just so you know, they are not unertal mounts, they are external adjustmet scope mounts used long before Unertal started making his own scopes. He worked for Fecker and the mounts were around before Fecker.
There is a mounts that designed b Unertal called the Posa mount. This was for the later Unertal Programer scope.

i recall seeing the barrel cantilever type mounts on ebay, but for what they went for you could probably have a receiver drill and tap job done.
Maybe try calling Champions Choice? They have a lot of rimfire expertise and may be able to make a recommendation if they dont have something right on the shelf for you.

Guys a quick correction, The Ranger has standard 3/8 dovetails spaced 8 1/4" apart.(THe spacing threw me off) but I did find the dovetail to weaver/picatany I was looking for. They are made by BKL Technologies.