• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes UNERTLSCOPE 8X1903 SPRINGFIELD MARINE SNIPER ebay

Re: UNERTLSCOPE 8X1903 SPRINGFIELD MARINE SNIPER ebay

I'd love to own one.....as a collectors item. Not to use.
smile.gif

Yeah that needs an expert opinion. I think it was on there before for $4000.00 with no takers. He's right about the # though. It would be a WWII scope being between 1000-1750 was early WWII.

AYNBODY GOT BLOWNUP PICTURES OF THE SERIAL NUMBER AREA OF OTHERS TO COMPARE?

THE ONES THAT I HAVE, HAVE A LITTLE DIFFERENT LETTERING. HARD
TO TELL WTHOUT MORE COMPARISONS. SOMETIMES DIFFERENCES ARE NORMAL WHEN YOU EXAMINE MORE UNITS.

The only pictures I have is from Senich's book "The One Round War"It looks pretty much like the shot off ebay,except for that light hit on the one digit?. The serial # data that he has is not that extensive but does I.D a number in that range as USMC. Texas Brigade Armory builds those rifles, they would probably know.There is a rifle on GB now a documented USMC 1903 sniper with a good shot of the serial#. Auction #221651547

if you look at the egay one and the GB one they have the same short leg "M" in the USMC markings. also the "J" and the thick "L" look the same. jsut an observation, wish i had the coin for it.

Judging by the title and description you have nothing to worry about.

<span style="font-weight: bold">J. Unertl USMC Snipper 8X Power Scpoe
USMC SNIPPER SCOPE 8X</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Judging by the title and description you have nothing to worry about.

<span style="font-weight: bold">J. Unertl USMC Snipper 8X Power Scpoe
USMC SNIPPER SCOPE 8X</span></div></div>

I suppose it COULD be mounted on a tactical hedge trimmer for extra straight cuts.