• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Unexpected Benefit...

oneshot onekill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2008
DeBary, Florida
Last year my wife and I decided to put all of our assets into a Revokeable Trust. Since I was diagnosed with Cancer in December of 2010 I wanted things to be easier for her in the event I'm not around for long. I'm such an idiot, I just found out I can buy NFA stuff through my Trust with no need for a Chief LE Officer or Judge to sign! So now I think I want to get a suppressor for my .308 Bolt Guns. What should I look for and how much should I expect to spend on something decent but not outrageously expensive?

I've never even looked into this before because the Sheriff in my county will NOT sign-off on NFA stuff. PERIOD...

Re: Unexpected Benefit...

Since you already have a trust.....expect to spend at least 800-900 dollars on a suppressor/muzzle brake combo. Once it is ordered, you will have to send the paperwork and $200 to the ATF for approval. So, $1,000-$1,300 will get you a nice 7.62 suppressor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since I was diagnosed with Cancer in December of 2010...</div></div>

I hope things get better for you and your wife...

Go Shark.
But once, cry once.

Wish you the best on your treatments and stay strong.

My mom was told she had cancer jan. last year it was rare form and she passed jun 4. 6 months almost to the day she was told. Hope thing work better for you. IF you ever travel to Houston for treatment PM me I have extra rooms at my house to save you some cash it can run you bank dry in a hurry. Will pray for you and the family.

Damn bro, I hope things work out for you. Do it now, as it's a long wait on your can! I need to stop smoking....

sorry to hear about your situation... like maximum velocity said, expect about $1000-1200 for suppressor/tax, and about a 6 months wait.. it would be faster if you could find a dealer with one in stock.. i had to order one and it was a month before it was at my dealer and at that point was able to send off the paperwork.. goodluck with everything.

I really appreciate all the support guys! I have close friends who own Spikes Tactical. They make a .308 suppressor but it appears to be made for AR's. I'm hoping it will work on a bolt gun too. Anyone know??? I haven't asked them yet. I'll probably call them tomorrow.

Best wishes on your illness. What's been posted about wait times is correct, I've had paperwork in for 4 months now and I'm told the standard wait time is 6 months. My first two only took 2 months to process! I'd say we don't get very good service for our $200!

I would look into 762's Group Buy for Ops Inc, prices are SUPER low for a real good can.

Call Mile High Shooting, they offer 5% discount to hide members, and are the dealers for SAS suppressors. The titanium one is around $750 and sounds better on my 22-250 than my TBAC. Havent been able to test for accuracy though.

Friend of mine bought one, and as soon as it clears, I am gonna put it through the ropes against my TBAC.

Regards,
DT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really appreciate all the support guys! I have close friends who own Spikes Tactical. They make a .308 suppressor but it appears to be made for AR's. I'm hoping it will work on a bolt gun too. Anyone know??? I haven't asked them yet. I'll probably call them tomorrow. </div></div>

Short answer is it will work.