• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unexplained fliers. WTF!

Wisconsinner

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Appleton, WI
Good evening hide members.
I was out at my local range this afternoon fire forming some brass, and confirming a load of H4350 and 115 dtacs. The load I used for fire forming was impressive, I put some berger 105 hunting vlds over a mild charge of H4350 and it shot lights out. The 115 dtac load was just ok, I still need to adjust seating depth, but I started shooting a 5 shot group and had some very weird fliers that landed almost 2" to the left of my point of aim. All shots felt good, I would have known if I had pulled a shot that bad. I'm questioning the bullets themselves, has anyone else seen this?

I love those bullets, but some will say they tend to throw shots. Never experienced it in a barrel with enough twist. What cartridge are you shooting? Have you shot DTAC’s before? I have two 8 twist barrels that only marginally stabilize them, you may be running into that. The 7.5’s hammer with them though.

I love those bullets, but some will say they tend to throw shots. Never experienced it in a barrel with enough twist. What cartridge are you shooting? Have you shot DTAC’s before? I have two 8 twist barrels that only marginally stabilize them, you may be running into that. The 7.5’s hammer with them though.
I'm shooting them in a 6xc. My barrel twist is 1:7.5. I have had good results with them in the past. But after today I'm a bit puzzled. I grabbed a handful from the box and checked ogive, and weight but all were consistent. I will have to load a few more strings up and see if I'm still having issues.