• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unicam II

johngfoster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2007
NW MT
Has anyone heard of this camo pattern before? Is it anything like Unicam? How is it different from Unicam?

Back-story: on 10/1/12 I paid for a Eberlestock GS2 in multicam from an online vendor that shall remain nameless at this point. I had a deadline of 10/20/12 for a hunting trip. He stated there would be no problem getting me my pack before the trip. Well, I still don't have my pack. He has given me the option of going with a different color and refunding me the difference, but I've decided to wait for the multicam offering because that's what I really want. All along he has been telling me that he can't get any more multicam but it should be in by "the end of the month". Now he tells me that he has some coming in in the "new Unicam II". I've heard of Unicam, but never Unicam II. I don't want the Unicam pattern, but am open to investigating the Unicam II if it is really something different. How would you procede?

Re: Unicam II

I've only seen it in pics, but my understanding is that its an Eberlestock-designed pattern that takes primarily multicam colors with the addition of more black, but it is pixelated like ACU, etc.

If you run a Google image search for, including the quotes, "Unicam II", you should get some decent shots of the pattern. No idea about availability though or whether it'll fit your needs. Its always hard to tell how good a camo pattern will be from online photos...seeing it (or not seeing it...ha, ha) in person always works better for me. Maybe Ceylon or someone with Eberlestock connections can chime in with better pics, more details/experiences, etc.

Good luck!

I've never heard of it. I order my GS2 in Mossy Oak Brush directly from Eberlestock and received with a week & half. The GS2 is well worth the $$

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've only seen it in pics, but my understanding is that its an Eberlestock-designed pattern that takes primarily multicam colors with the addition of more black, but it is pixelated like ACU, etc.

If you run a Google image search for, including the quotes, "Unicam II", you should get some decent shots of the pattern. No idea about availability though or whether it'll fit your needs. Its always hard to tell how good a camo pattern will be from online photos...seeing it (or not seeing it...ha, ha) in person always works better for me. Maybe Ceylon or someone with Eberlestock connections can chime in with better pics, more details/experiences, etc.

Good luck!

</div></div>

Thanks, but I already did that. It brings up a lot of pics that look like just plain Unicam. There is one pic that has been used in a few sights of a backpack that has a bit more of a "chocolate"-like hue (my description) than plain Unicam, but that's the only pic that I can find. Here it is:

UNICAM+II.jpg

Does this Unicam still have the same reduced IR signature that Multicam typically does? (This is more a factor of the fabric or the ink?)

Yep have afew sets of cammies in a veryhuge close pattern to it. Parts of the Navy issue it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone heard of this camo pattern before? Is it anything like Unicam? How is it different from Unicam?

Back-story: on 10/1/12 I paid for a Eberlestock GS2 in multicam from an online vendor that shall remain nameless at this point. I had a deadline of 10/20/12 for a hunting trip. He stated there would be no problem getting me my pack before the trip. Well, I still don't have my pack. He has given me the option of going with a different color and refunding me the difference, but I've decided to wait for the multicam offering because that's what I really want. All along he has been telling me that he can't get any more multicam but it should be in by "the end of the month". Now he tells me that he has some coming in in the "new Unicam II". I've heard of Unicam, but never Unicam II. I don't want the Unicam pattern, but am open to investigating the Unicam II if it is really something different. How would you procede? </div></div>
I'll do my best to help here...

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. What your dealer isn't telling you is that the Gunslinger II will not be available in Multicam until mid Februay 2013 at the <span style="font-style: italic">earliest.</span> It will most likely run into March, depending on when the production run is completed & how quickly the container is delivered to Eberlestock in Boise. Whoever you bought this pack from may or may not know this timeframe, but this is what Eberlestock told me about 5-6 weeks ago when they went backorder for the GS II in Multicam.

The UNICAM II pattern is brand new to Eberlestock's lineup, and is now available for both the X3 LoDrag & Gunslinger II. In the case of the X3, it is actually REPLACING the Multicam option (I know, MAJOR BUMMER, but the Multicam option won't be offered for the X3 in 2013). Eberlestock has kept news of it's release very tight lipped, and the pic you have above is one of the only ones I'm aware of. I'll have a GS II in UNICAM II delivered to my warehouse this coming <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Thursday</span>**EDIT: MY PACK WILL BE DELIVERED ON TUESDAY THE 18TH**, and would be happy to take some pics of the new pattern along side a Multicam pack for comparative purposes. Based on what I'm hearing, however, is that the UNICAM II pattern is close enough to Multicam to where it can be used with it but doesn't mimic it enough to run afoul of copyright/trademark considerations.

How you proceed is up to you, but I think UNICAM II will be well received. The only downside is you're going to be stuck with Eberlestock-only accessories if you want them to perfectly match your pack. I'm not aware of the pattern being licensed to any other companies for production of pouches, rain covers, etc.

Best of luck to you.
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

try it out!!

looks pretty good- Hopefully in the future the molle and straps will be patterned to match. Nice scheme, IMO... once you break it in with some sweat, dirt and dust it should be sweet

$ .02

I think the one MAJOR difference in the patterns between Unicam and Unicam II is the blending and fades that are now used that were not apparent on Unicam.

Unicam is more like MARPAT (solid blocks of digital that let the actual pattern do the blending) but UNICAM II looks much more like a digital version of Multicam which has fades and blending incorporated into the digital pattern.

Thats what it looks like anyway, and I would be open to trying it out. Especially since the X3 LoDrag is the pack I'm most interested in, and multicam isn't offered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone? </div></div>
If you're talking IR signature, unfortunately I don't know & Eberlestock hasn't put out a spec sheet yet. Have you asked the dealer you ordered through?

I'll have some pics of UNICAM II next to Multicam up later today for comparative purposes. It is really growing on me!

To the OP, I'll have an answer for you regarding the IR signature of UNICAM II later today. I'll post their answer here...

Here are a couple of pics of UNICAM II next to Multicam. I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to whether it makes a good substitute for your preferred pattern. The pack int the pics is an Eberlestock Gunslinger 2 in UNICAM II.

Hope this helps & best of luck to you.

P1140537Medium_zps97e9b854.jpg

P1140536Medium_zps280cfcab.jpg

Thanks for posting those pics, Ceylon. The Unicam II looks brighter, more vibrant than the more subdued/bland multicam. Almost like they put brightener in the fabric softener.

Still no word on the IR signature reduction?

I know it's been pretty crazy lately, but any word on IR signature reduction for Unicam II?

I just ordered my G4 Operator in Unicam II from Ceylon. Super awesome guy; I wouldn't take my business anywhere else. I'll see if I can post some pics once it shows up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about IR signature reduction? </div></div>
Per Eberlestock, the new UNICAM II pattern/fabric does <span style="text-decoration: underline">NOT</span> possess the same IR signature reduction characteristics as their Multicam.

Sorry for the delay in getting an answer, but this is the definitive answer from the "horse's mouth".

Hope this helps...

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

Thanks for this. I may just have to wait until they get some more MultiCam in stock next March.

I wasn’t a fan of the original unicam, but I like the look/pattern of the unicam II.

It’s a shame Eberlestock discontinued the X3 in multi cam. I thought that combination would have been one of their best sellers?

I want one in unicam II now!