• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Uniflow Powder Measure Maintenance...

smokey24_24

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2020
I am going to apologize in advance for a dumb question but I can't seem to find information anywhere. I have the RCBS Uniflow Powder Measure and had to temporarily store it in the shed. It got a little bit of rust on it so I decided to clean it with White Vinegar to get it off. I noticed the drum has been stripped down some as a result. What should I put on it to lube/oil it that won't hurt effect the powder? I'm fairly new to reloading still so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

No wet lubricants. You can use steel wool to polish off the drum to get it smooth and dry. You can use dry graphite, but Powders have graphite on them and after a bit of use, the drum will rotate easily.

No wet lubricants. You can use steel wool to polish off the drum to get it smooth and dry. You can use dry graphite, but Powders have graphite on them and after a bit of use, the drum will rotate easily.
So essentially I don't need to worry about it? The discoloration of the drum and the vinegar stripping it down isn't a big deal? The drum feels pretty smooth as it is. Thanks for your help.

Discoloration isn't an issue. Majke sure all of the rust has been taken off.

Wipe the drum down with alcohol to get any lube off and your fingerprints.

I put an old, cotton canvas lead shot bag over the top of my Uniflow to keep moisture and dust off of it. The cotton Bank coin bags work as well.