• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Unimount for 700 5R + NF 3.5-15x50?

Skyyr

Aviator
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
TN
Hey guys,

I'm wrapping up my first precision bolt action build, a Remington 5R .223 in an AICS with a NF F1 MLR. I'm also an AR shooter and have a precision Noveske build.

The F1 will primarily stay on the 5R, but it would be nice to be able to transfer it to my AR if needed. I'm thinking about putting it in a high Unimount so it could be moved easily. Would the Unimount put the scope too high to use on the 5R?

If this is just a straight-up bad idea, let me know. I'd just like to streamline things as much as possible.

Thanks!

Re: Unimount for 700 5R + NF 3.5-15x50?

AICS has an adjustable cheekpiece, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue... If any issue at all

Stolen pic
whistle.gif

DSCN1087.jpg

Re: Unimount for 700 5R + NF 3.5-15x50?

Since it has the AICS with the adjustable cheekpiece, it will work.

1.265 - 1.375 is a height used often to get the scope in line with clip on NVD devices.

If it wasn't a NF with as much internal travel as it has; a Unimount could pose a problem as the Unimount has 20moa of taper built in. Coupled with a 20moa base, you will be zeroing the scope at the extreme range of travel, but that may work to your advantage if you are poking out far with the 223.

A better solution may be to utilize lower 1.0 - 1.125 rings and a riser for the AR.