• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes UNIMOUNT question...again

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
Okay, I've been gone a while but now have a new Rock River Predator Pursuit I'm trying to glass-up. I'm going to use my Leupold 8.5-20X50 30mm tube till I can afford a NF Compact 2.5-10X32 NXS. If the RR shoots as good as my Savage LRPV, I'll sell the Savage and the Lupy...buy the NXS.

Question is, The Uni-Mount comes in two sizes 1.125 (high) and 1.375 (extra high). I don't want to buy the X-high to clear the 50mm Leupold, only to get the Night Force 2-5-10X32 and it be too high and look like shit.

Then I could just go with Xtra Hi rings only.

I'm trying to stay away from steel to save weight. I will soon be switching the forend to rails, get a new butt stock and grip. Kind of a Designated Marksman Rifle. I know, I can't leave well enough alone.

Thanks for your comments in advance.

Re: UNIMOUNT question...again

I have a AA 6.5 upper with quad rails and had a NXS 5.5-22x50 on it with the 1.375 unimount. Also had a leupold 50mm on it for a while. You can always buy some cheaper rings and put boosters under them until you get the scope you want then go buy the unimount or larue for the scope your going to leave on it.

good luck

I'm running a 1.125" Unimount with a 50mm NF (which is larger than a 50mm Leupold).

Well pick up the 1.375, use it until you get other scope. If and when you do pick up the other scope, if the looks end up bothering you that much over function - sell it (pretty easy to sell from what I have seen) and pick up the lower one.

-pd