• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unique Alpine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2008
Gents, Anyone own one of these, there is one for Sale here in Australia for AU$6000, which seems a good deal. There's a lot of "marketing" info on the web regarding these rifles but almost none from owners/users. Any info would be great.

Rath

Re: Unique Alpine

From what I recall, emailed unique a while back, they can only send them to a canadian dealer. So if someone does have one here they will not be talking much about it.

If you pay for it, I`ll be glad to tell you how it shoot.
laugh.gif

There is a dealer in Australia who sells them for around AU$10500 which is why @ 6K for an excellent condition one it looks a very good deal.

Was hoping for some feedback from users but I guess they are just extremely rare.

Alpines are <span style="font-weight: bold">exceedingly</span> rare and very few outstanding specimens remain… As far as accuracy goes – they are on par with any other Garand that’s outfitted with national match sights. I’ve added a “Schuester adjustable gas nut” to keep wear to a minimum because rare or not – because I like shooting my Alpine. Here a few pix~>

TG.jpg

nice pits in the receiver eh?

AlpineNum.jpg

and a shot of the Alpine along side of my M1A for size comparison..

TG3x.jpg

The Alpine is 17.25 inches on the barrel and of course uses M1A magazines. The Smith Enterprises brake works very well and minimizes recoil and muzzle-rise is non-existent.

Oh shit... sorry! I used to post a lot over on SC but had "language problems" over there.

Anyways, I sure love the Alpine that I wound up with!

Hey - it was funny that you asked "Anyone"? and that's my username..

All Good Anyone, yea your username is ironic.

SP, thanks for the pics.
Rath

Good, it looks more like a sewing machine or something that Flash Gordon would use.

not sure about the sewing machine but given that the stock is detachable I wonder if you can import them into Aus any more ?

They are no problem coming into Oz, detachable stocks are ok, folding stocks are a no no.

That is interesting, Acme firearms are certainly still selling them.
One more pedantic hurdle to jump over for oz gun owners. I was in NZ last week, went into one of their gun shops and left depressed!

there was no problem getting a PTA to purchase a DSR however now the issues around customs etc, wouldnt surprise me if UA have the same issue

Littlesureshot, believe me - its wise not to care what it looks like if it puts a bullet where you want, - if only the rest of the worlds rifles caught up to the outstanding accuracy and innovation that is Unique Alpine.
I have a TPG-1 in 6.5x55 and i can tell you with factory match ammunition there is no point firing more than five rounds at three hundred meters because you wont see where the rounds are landing anymore.
I took the barrel off my TPG-1 to see would it hold zero when i put it back on, it was one click (1cm) out when i test fired it.
I can change caliber using the same bolt for up to twelve cartridges which gives a tactical shooter a massive selection off the one platform, and it gives the hunter a very wide selection for game world-wide.

i have the chance to try one, here in canada, it was in .300wm, it was VERY accurate, VERY confortable to shoot, it's extremly ergonomic, realy like the safety BEHIND the bolt (look like a hammer) it was prety heavy and pricey but it's a real AWESOME tool to work with. The one i have tried was topped with a S&B 5-25 so the glass was great to use too !!

Hi All,

Just joined the site, I have a Unique Alpine TPG1 in 300 Win Mag, have already shot out one barrel and have now fitted a cusstom one from HPS in the UK. These rifles shoot great, I run a RPA break on my one with a NF 12-42 x 56. When i get used to these posting things I will try and load some photos etc. Just got a TRG22 yesterday so was having a look around the site and thought i would see who else got a Alpine.

Regards, Nigel

New to the site, but maybe I can help you with info on TPG-1 & TPG-2 model rifles from Germany. I am involved in development work with the company Unique-Alpine AG building rifles.

New model TPG-2 Built and tested @ RUAG in October 2009. Grouping of 5 Rnds @ 500 Mtr a shade under 57mm. Shot from Parker / Hale bipod.
It will get better.

Reply if I can help with info of pics.
BFN

Hi Nigel
Good to read you enjoy the rifle. How many Rnds did you put through the original barrel? I started building TPG-1 rifles in 2003, maybe I tested your rifle here in Bayern. If you have the original barrel serial number, I may be able to supply you with a little history. Spare parts and goodies also available.
BFN
Russ

Nice selection. now I only shoot TPG model, with so many inter change barrels 222 up to 300 Win mag on one receiver I get less hassle when I ask for a variation on my ticket. New this year:
TPG-1 Barrels machined so you can inter change Muzzle brake and Moderator or shoot without.
TPG-1 Barrel lengths from 490mm on up to 810mm).
Updates on the TPG-2 338LM.
TPG-1 extras: NV rail with left and right side rails. Electronic switching control via a two stage trigger, can be set to operate any sort of electronic goddies you may have. Let me know what interests you.
Photos available of models and extras.
Good Shooting
Russ

hi not been here for a while but am back now, number on barrel was AAB0063, see what you can fine i am now on 347 rounds on 2nd barrel and its shooting 3" at 600yrds