• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Unique Nevada Goat

rwood

Private
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just going thru some of last years photos anticipating this years hunting season. This goat I killed last August, about 70 miles North of Winnemucca, Nevada. This photo doesn't do it justice but there were points and stickers going in every direction. Saw a group of 30-40 animals about 1000 yard out and decided to begin a stock using a montana decoy. We got to within 350 yards and the group started to get nervous. Stuck the decoy in the ground and tried getting a reading on the range finder, when all of a sudden they started moving towards the decoy. well the dominant buck ended up skirting around us using a depression to evade us.when this guy stopped broad side at 160 yards. we had seen him the day before while scouting and decided to take hime because of his unique horns.

NevadaAntelope011.jpg

Re: Unique Nevada Goat

Here you go. I have a better photo that shows more detail that I will download to photo bucket when I get the chance.

NevadaAntelope001.jpg

That's really cool! Never seen one like that.

Very impresive! I would've taken a crack at him too. Any idea on a score?

Very neat goat...make a great mount in the trophy room.

Have never seen a nontypical pronghorn, is this something one of the big outfitters would be interested in paying for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very impresive! I would've taken a crack at him too. Any idea on a score? </div></div>

Probably wouldn't score well due to the lack of uniformity from one side to the next.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have never seen a nontypical pronghorn, is this something one of the big outfitters would be interested in paying for. </div></div>

He will be residing on the wall in my study and I haven't given it any thought whether a market exists for the animal.

He's got some character.

My wife drew a horns shorter tag North of Winnemucca this year. Hopefully, we'll see some big ones too.

I've seen several of your photos in the hunting threads. That means a lot coming from you, thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice buck!! Very well composed field picture...well done!!</div></div>

Awesome buck! Thats a once in a lifetime goat there, I've never seen anything like it

Wow thats crazy!! Never seen that in my life... Must be something out there in that Mcdermit water... I have seen some good buck taken off that unit but thats the most interesting thing I have seen up there!!