• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Universal Decapper for 300WSM

rusty815

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hey everyone, I've been looking for a universal deprimer for 300WSM cases and I'm pretty sure the Lee is too small, advertised for cases with up to .550 case diameter, the 300WSM has a case diameter of .540 just before the shoulder but .555 at its base, so my question is would the Lee universal deprimer work, or is there another deprimer that I should be looking at?

Re: Universal Decapper for 300WSM

I use the Redding decapping die to decap my 338 Lapua cases. Their bases are around .584", so the same die should ahndle your 300 WSM just fine.

Jim G

I was thinking about getting that one, but I'm still not sure about the Lee die, can someone who uses the Lee die tell me if it works with 300 wsm cases?

I've been using one of these bad boys lately...

http://www.harveydeprimer.com/

Works on everything from .223 Rem to .338LM so far. I had to get a special decapping rod to work with the stuff that uses PPC sized flash holes (6 BR/Dasher, .308 Lapua Palma, etc.) but other than that, it is way over engineered, solid as a rock, probably last several lifetimes.

I just tip it over and dump the spent primers into an old Cool-Whip container for later disposal in the trash. Works great.

That is damn impressive... but not what I was looking for haha. All I want is a deprimer die, I'm just about to get the redding die but I would like to know if the lee definitely works or not before getting it, I ordered all Lee equipment (as you can tell, I'm a beginner) and would like a Lee depriming die to go with it.

Rusty,

I have a Lee universal decapping die and it will work with my 300 wsm cases. The opening in the bottom of the die measures 0.565. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Jared

That is exactly what I wanted to hear!!! thanks JBomb, the decapping die completes my reloading set up.