• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision universal mounts?

Mike308Bell

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
Georgia, USA
Heres my problem, I have an PVS4 that has the mount for the M16 handguard. (my rifle is a flat top)

Its has two screws holding the mount on. Screw hole spacing looks like 1 inch center to center. I saw an ACOG mount that looked like it would fit to a handguard mount also. Is this a common NV/optics spacing for mounts? Do you think this mount for an ACOG would work if the holes line up??

opplanet-trijicon-ta51-acog-flat-top-picatinny-rail-adapter.jpg

Re: universal mounts?

There is only a single mounting hole in the stock PVS-4 base. It is threaded 1/4-20, which is the same as a camera thread. You can use the ACOG mount if you open one of the holes slightly. It is a bit bigger than the existing ACOG mount hole. Get a stainless bolt as it will need to be trimmed a bit to have the proper clearance. Snug it up and use Locktite so it doesn't loosen up. You will only have one bolt holding on a 4# scope, but it seems pretty decent.

Wolverine Technologies makes a PVS-4 to ACOG mount adaptor as well. It runs $75 and looks very nice. I need to get one sometime soon along with a QD base.

049.jpg

Thats not the same mount that is on mine. Mines bigger
grin.gif

Looks the same just bigger. Its held on by two screws spaced an inch apart.
313635_1493642918692_1762638707_723682_6896995_n.jpg

The one I have pictured is the Wolverine Tech ACOG adaptor base that is lower and has two holes for the ACOG mount.

I have the same one as yours on my PVS. I just opened up the TA51 ACOG mount to work with the standard PVS mount.

So you took off the the hand guard base mount like I have, and bolted the TA51 mount to the scope?

Nope, I bolted the TA51 directed to the same 'hand guard base mount' as you have (& show in your pictures). The single hole is threaded 1/4-20. The factory TA51 ACOG mount will not accept it, so you will have to drill out the hole just a tad. The head of the 1/4-20 bolt will be a bit bigger and stick out. So you will have to grind it down a little, which is why I stated to get a stainless one.

6086360188_f14573fce3_b.jpg