• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

University Rifle Club Tactical Rifle Shoots 2018 Exeter PA

M25BeastShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2010
Pennsylvania
This season we will be hosting 8 Tactical/PRS type shoots at the University Rifle Club Exeter PA

March 17 Pro/AM shoot
April 22 DMR/RECCE Giessele Gas Gun Series
May 20 Mason/Dixon PRS
June 24 DMR/RECCE Giessele Gas Gun Series
July 15 DMR/RECCE Giessele Gas Gun Series
August 26 Mason/Dixon PRS
September 15 2 Shooter Sniper Team Shoot
October 21 Tactical Rifle Shoot TBD

The Giessele Gas Gun Series will consist of 6 qualifier matches 3 at University Rifle and 3 at New Holland Rifle and Pistol. The final shoot will be held at New Holland this year

The Team Sniper Shoot will be based on the U.S. Army International Sniper Competition held at Ft. Benning GA. The match will be two shooters 2 rifles (one Precision one semi) 2 pistols.

The Point of contact for this Rick 215-852-8847 [email protected]

Is anyone here a member of New Holland? I could use help reserving dates.

i'm a little confused by the location of this. Exeter is up between WB and Scranton in the Pittston area. but my google search shows University Rifle Club being outside of Reading. can anyone help me out.

The Mason/Dixon PRS club shoots arent shown on the club series page on PRS either so that didn't help.

well that's disappointing...guess i learned there was an Exeter borough and township in PA today, and not even close to each other

Is there a sign up link for the pro am at URC, anywhere? Is this a dmr/recce type or a prs style?
well that's disappointing...guess i learned there was an Exeter borough and township in PA today, and not even close to each other
Is there a sign up link for the pro am at URC, anywhere? Is this a dmr/recce type or a prs style?
The PRO/AM sign up is on the University Rifle Club site The Mason Dixon will be through the normal Mason Dixon sign ups. The DMR/RECCE shoot sign ups for University will open 30 days before each shoot

What type of match is the pro/am. Dmr-Recce style? Or Prs? Who is running that match? And is there a sign up somewhere?
The Pro/AM is a entry team type shoot where a new "AM shooter (less than 3 matches/shoots) pairs up with a Pro. At University a precision AR or bolt gun will do fine to start out. The University Rifle club has a description of the shoot. The ranges at University run out to about 600 yards.

What type of match is the pro/am. Dmr-Recce style? Or Prs? Who is running that match? And is there a sign up somewhere?
The PRO/AM is a into type shoot where new shooters are paired with a more experienced shooter usually a shooter who has at least 3 or more precision tactical rifle shoots. The team will shoot stages paired with a PAR time for the team the Pro is allowed to coach and spot for the AM. It's designed to get new shooters into the sport with a mentor rather than cold.
The DMR/RECCE is a shoot that is designed for semi-auto rifles two classes DMR is rifle with any power scope and a bipod allowed. The RECCE is a rifle with a scope up to 6X no bipod. The ranges run out to 600 700. The targets are steel, paper reactive and movers. The shooters will move and shoot from alternative positions. There is a PAR time limit and usually a round limit

Reactions: Alekzandr
Just to confirm - URC matches will have registration through their website. Payment at time of registration. Correct?
New Holland? I don't see any place on their web site to register for matches or links from the calendar for this match to register.

There is also a conflict with the URC schedule. On the web site it has two matches on 4/15 but at the top of this thread it has a match on 4/22. I'm hoping this thread is correct as I have to travel on the 15th.

There was some discussion at the match yesterday (great match by the way) about logistics. I believe the going-forward will be that all information and registration will be through Practiscore with links on the club's website being changed to lead there instead. I'd wait for an official announcement, but that seems to be the way they are moving.

Reactions: Blazin
All of the future registrations for the University Rifle club as well as the New Holland portion of the Giessele Gas Gun Challenge will be through Practicescore. I will be contacting the University Rifle Club and having them inactivate any registration through their website. The opening match for the Giessele Gas Gun Challenge will be April 22.

We have opened up another shooting lane on the right side of the range we used it for the Pro/Am. We we easily ranged out to 435 yards with more range available. In addition the club has lased out a 600 yard lane and we plan to be clearing the trees this coming weekend to get steel on the hill. We continue to add more props and targets to our tool bag. We are also working to expand our sponsors for the series to make our prize table fit for the great shooters I know we will have this year.

Anyone have a link to sign up for the June 24 match at University? I've been checking practiscore and don't see it.

Thanks,
Scott

Who all will be there for the june 24 match? I'm in squad one, sorry for whoever else is.