• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

unknown magazine?

Alcatraz

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2013
Any body know what type of magazine that is, who makes it and how expensive they are?

clear MAGAZINE.jpg

That's a Lancer AWM in Smoke Here is a link for a place that carries them (currently out of stock) but it's the best price I've ever seen on them. I've got 2 of them to try to see how I like them compared to PMAGS. Still have not tried them out but they look very well made with steel feed lips HERE!!!!

Last edited:
Those are the Lancer Translucent AR mags (they come is roughly three variations, including L5...1st Gen., L5A...the tweener...and the newest, best AWM or Advanced Warfighter Mags). The newest design was modified to work across a wider range of AR-mag compatible platforms thanks to some minor changes in the mag body/ribbing and the AWMs also have a single, 1-piece steel feedlip insert molded into the mag that wraps around the back of the mag. They are also available in 10-round and 20-round versions in addition to the 30-round version pictured above, as well as both translucent and solid/opaque colors too, including black, ODG, FDE and foliage.

See here for more info: http://www.lancer-systems.com/business-areas/small-arms/products/magazines/l5-advanced-warfighter/

As for pricing...they are roughly comparable to PMAG pricing with the opaque mags running ~$15 and translucent for ~$18.

Lancer is an often-overlooked company in the mag world as they aren't Magpul, but they have some impressive designs, as well as a DPMS/KAC pattern .308 mag due out in the coming future, including a translucent version. In terms of comparisons with the PMAGs, in my experience with both designs including beating the hell out of both...the Lancer AWMs are every bit as good as PMAGs, but they just don't get the "press" and glory that the PMAGs get because Magpul doesn't make them. ;)

Also it looks like they got metal feed lips. No I am for sure going to try some of these out. They seem like they could be like a Glock mag with steel and plastic.

I prefer the Lancer awm mags over the pmags.... I have and use both... Definitely like the metal feed lips.... They also make 5 round magazines but I've found that the only way to get the 5 rounders is to call lancer direct.... Just spoke with nate at lancer today and ordered some 5 rounders for hunting.

Last edited:
I prefer the Lancer awm mags over the pmags.... I have and use both... Definitely like the metal feed lips.... They also make 5 round magazines but I've found that only way to get the 5 rounders is to call lancer direct.... Just spoke with nate at lancer today and ordered some 5 rounders for hunting.

Nate didn't by chance tip his hand any on the expected release of their .308/7.62 AWM did he?! I'm really hoping it'll be sooner rather than later!

As for the 5-rounders...I didn't realize that they even made such an animal, but that's a good piece of info for anyone in the market or in a state/locale where mag capacity is highly restricted. I may have to call and snag a few for hunting purposes! Thanks for that info!

I didn't ask about the 308 mags... I'll see what he has to say.... Apparently they have had to fill some type of orders regarding the 5 rnd mags and haven't been able to release them for commercial sales but he said those orders are caught up so you should start seeing them at retailers soon.... I have been waiting about 6 months to get some and today he had 4 extra so I snatched them up.... Sounded like he should have plenty more in the near future but it may take a bit for them to trickle into retailers. .. Order direct if you want them quickly...... I have a 5 round limit for hunting so I wanted a few for that purpose.... Hopefully Lancer or Magpul will offer a 5 round 308 magazine soon... Especially Magpul since they have a 10 round 308 mag coming out soon, I would expect a 5 round limiter to be available like the 5.56 mags have.

Last edited:
Nate said to expect their 308 magazines to be available around December this year.... Give or take... Nothing concrete on their release.

Nate said to expect their 308 magazines to be available around December this year.... Give or take... Nothing concrete on their release.

Much appreciate your getting back with him on that issue. I didn't figure it'd be too soon, but a rough guesstimate of around December or first of the year is great in my mind even if they are a little later! We need another high-quality, reliable .308/7.62 mag offering for the DPMS/KAC platform and my experience with Lancer and their offerings for the AR-15 platform tells me they'll sell like hotcakes and run like a scalded dog! ;)