• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

unrealistic AI marketing pic

MikeInUtah

Minuteman
Mar 9, 2013
West Valley, UT
Maybe I am reading into this too much but this isnt a poster of an upcoming movie but from a rifle manufacturer.
Shooting a rifle without a suppressor in a confined space without ear pro this guy's ears should be bleeding after his first shot.
I initially thought maybe they were intending to picture the guy observing only but his finger is on the trigger which implies he is expecting to shoot.

noearpro.jpg

Attachments

• noearpro.jpg
    noearpro.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 16
Mom told him that he had to stay in the car?

Sometimes you don't have time to put on hearing protection, I'd rather be deaf than dead! You wouldn't have to listen from all the nagging by the old lady either.

Last edited:
Interesting that AI is advertising with an atlas bipod instead of an AI bipod.

--Daniel

oh no! he's gonna ruin that nice interior! but yeah, as others have said, it's just a photo op. Also, as was stated before, no glass would be broken if a shot was fired. Shooting "through"/ on cars is fun!

But if this was an actual situation, I would want to double up and use both plugs and muffs.

It's a marketing picture and not a training photo... get over it.

it's like the idiots on Facebook who looked at this marketing picture I took for AI and said they would never buy a rifle that shot groups like this. They actually thought the target was an actual representation of the groups shot by the rifle.

1554597_10152223647022953_1771218749_n.jpg

It's marketing, it's a staged picture...

1525655_10152223652952953_1607673501_n.jpg

It was not meant as a statement of fact.

All the guy in the picture had to do was throw on some eyes and ears, the car will survive, just get a bit dirty. As others have noted, it's not his car to worry about. :)

Lowlight, so your saying that's not a normal 150 round group from that gun? At maybe 1000 yards away. LOL

Having had a guy sitting next to me squeeze off a round at a target from inside of a pick up truck with no ear pro on I can say that yeah ,it sucks but its not ear bleeding,end of the world as some would think.

As has been stated, this is clearly a staged photo for marketing purposes ......Do you even snipe bro? :D

Yes, I understand its marketing. I didnt think the pic was taken from a seal team six covert op. Ha.No, I am not a sniper nor do I claim to be. My post was based on my experiences shooting at indoor ranges that allow high powered rifles and trying to imgine what would happen if this guy pulled the trigger. I have never shot a rifle in a car, hopefully will never have to, but it is hard to believe nothing serious would happen to your hearing as one response eludes to. Then again, people rely on ARs for home defense.

Yes, I understand its marketing. I didnt think the pic was taken from a seal team six covert op. Ha.No, I am not a sniper nor do I claim to be. My post was based on my experiences shooting at indoor ranges that allow high powered rifles and trying to imgine what would happen if this guy pulled the trigger. I have never shot a rifle in a car, hopefully will never have to, but it is hard to believe nothing serious would happen to your hearing as one response eludes to. Then again, people rely on ARs for home defense.

I am not advocating one sit in a car/truck and shoot all day with out earpro but one or two shots isn't the end of the world or your hearing. In fact, I think some of the indoor ranges I've been in are far worse for your hearing and at amplifying sound than from a shot inside of a vehicle.

Yes, I understand its marketing. I didnt think the pic was taken from a seal team six covert op.

You, sir, have just shattered someone's tacticalicious paramilitary operator fantasy :(