• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unsupported Rear Shooting

SN13

Impatient
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2009
West Palm Beach, FL
Wow.

So I went out and shot with my new rifle and I had given my old rear bag to my buddy shooting next to me.

I hadn't used a rear bag in a long time opting to use my own offhand under my stock....

So I moved over and shot one from my buddy's rifle and my old rear bag. DAMN. talk about 100% more solid. No reticle bounce from heart beats, no jiggle waiting for the reticle to hit the center for the shot to release.

I need to get a new rear bag.

:unsure: 🤫

I just got in precision shooting and haven't gotten a rear bag yet. I wanted to get good with nothing but my bipod and support hand.

But, going to my first 1k plus range I was the only one not using one. So I'm considering getting one as well and use both techniques.

I just got in precision shooting and haven't gotten a rear bag yet. I wanted to get good with nothing but my bipod and support hand.

But, going to my first 1k plus range I was the only one not using one. So I'm considering getting one as well and use both techniques.

Don't just consider it, get one, it's essential equipment and a really good one is only about $20 or so. It's foolhardy to be starting out in precision rifle shooting without a rear bag, there's no reason you should be handicapping yourself from the get go.

Reactions: Zane1844
UP 3dELR is like $90
Tabgear small bag is $20.

I hear good things about the Tabgear and for $20 it's a place to start.

I have a Tab Gear... I have a Precision Underground ELR bag. I don't believe the 3D ELR should be used for a dedicated prone bag, it's a versatile bag, but I'd go with more of the ELR style for dedicated prone shooting fundamentals. If you don't like the Tab and want the precision underground let me know as I haven't used mine in months and it's just sitting in the garage somewhere.

I have a Tab Gear... I have a Precision Underground ELR bag. I don't believe the 3D ELR should be used for a dedicated prone bag, it's a versatile bag, but I'd go with more of the ELR style for dedicated prone shooting fundamentals. If you don't like the Tab and want the precision underground let me know as I haven't used mine in months and it's just sitting in the garage somewhere.

Is the small with heavy fill (Tabgear) a good place to start or should i opt for the large or the light fill?

Reactions: Terry Cross
ALWAYS!!! use a rear bag there’s way too many benefits to having one vs not.

I personally use and like the Armageddon Gear Squishy Rear Bag. It lends well to being used as front barricade support too if needed.

Reactions: Zane1844
Don't just consider it, get one, it's essential equipment and a really good one is only about $20 or so. It's foolhardy to be starting out in precision rifle shooting without a rear bag, there's no reason you should be handicapping yourself from the get go.

I'll be getting one. Either Precision Underground ELR or Armageddon X Wing.