• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unusual take on a Diy textured rifle paint job.

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2018
Montana
Had a shitball 10/22 that i didn't mind ruining so I experimented with some paint jobs. Ended up keeping the "stone texture" as it like looked cool/ felt good .. haven't seen anyone else use the Rust-Oleum "stone accent " paint so I thought I'd post .. only suggestion I have is to use a few primer and a clear coat, plenty of grit on the paint, the clear coat makes sure the "grit" or grip doesn't rub off.. here's the paint
Screenshot_20191113-204440_Chrome~2.jpg

Here's the rifle

20191113_100208.jpg

Here's a close up of the paint job
20191113_100233.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191113-204440_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191113-204440_Chrome.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 55
Very cool, I have been eyeballing that kind of paint and wondering how it would work out on a rifle. Looks good.

Reactions: 4066.5
Very cool, I have been eyeballing that kind of paint and wondering how it would work out on a rifle. Looks good.
Feels good , lots of texture left . Feels like a really fine grit sand paper after you sanded some soft wood. Not "rough" on your cheek but just rough enough to get some grip.

Clear coats are key, the "grit" tended to fall off until a couple clear coats and a long ass drying time (around 3 days)

Reactions: Ravenworks
Looks great! I've considered using that paint quite a few times. Might have to give it a try now.

Thanks for the idea. I've been looking for something to add in the grip area of an old stock I got.

Actually bought that same stuff a few years ago to do my Marlin 880SQ but never got around to it. Looks good I may have to move it up the priority list for this winter.

I did this to a Rem 700 stock years ago and it still works great!