• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Up date from McMillans on DBM inletting.

Dick D

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2002
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks
Been getting a lot of calls and e-mails with questions on what we can inlet for, so I thought I would bring all you guys up to speed at once.
For the aftermarket DBM floorplates we have programming for the following:
Badger M5 DBM, long and short.
Seekins DBM, long and short.
V-Bull/Begg DBM long and short
Surgeon DBM short
JW Precision/Begg DBM for the Savage SA (older 4.275" spacing).

As most of you know, DBM floorplates must be inletted to fairly precise dimensions from the bottom of the actions in order for everything to fit and feed properly. Depending on the stock design, most of these fit the bottom of the stock fairly well. Some are a bit deep and some are a bit proud, but thats where they have to be. We tend to value proper functioning over cosmetics, and I'm sure most of you will agree.
Regards, Dick

Re: Up date from McMillans on DBM inletting.

we do cdi as well but we only own a cdi dbm for a S700, so if you would like your stock inlet for anything other than a S700, we'll need your dbm to ensure proper fit and function.

Well, the first post was from Sept. of 2008. A lot has changed since then and we have added others as they have come out. We inlet for most that we know of, but if we do not have a "fitting floorplate" in house we will have to have the unti sent in for fitting. Be sure and include the instructions that came with it.

Do you have a different inlet for the newer M70s made by FN?

The differences are minor. The trigger area would have to be different and the new one piece bottom metal only as a front and rear screw, they did away with the middle one.

at what stage would inletting be done? i was told i still have 4-6 weeks to wait... is it too late to ask for a CDI inlet on my A3?

Falar, all of our model 70 programs have been modified to accept both the old standard trigger and the new MOA trigger, and we inlet for all the current onepiece and older two-piece trigger guards.
Charger, depends on wheather your stock has been inletted or not. If it has, then there would be a re-inletting charge of $51.

Thanks for the update ref the Winchester M70 trigger guard inleting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Falar, all of our model 70 programs have been modified to accept both the old standard trigger and the new MOA trigger, and we inlet for all the current onepiece and older two-piece trigger guards.
Charger, depends on wheather your stock has been inletted or not. If it has, then there would be a re-inletting charge of $51. </div></div>

Thanks!

I have an A-5 for my CT built M70 but it is good to know that when the funds are there I can upgrade my FN made one also.