• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Up next, PVS14 but could use a bit of advise.

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    Even though I've researched quite a bit and even read through the (Buying a PVS14 , a guide) a few times, still not sure what direction to go.

I think I know what I want, but thought I might ask around here for some input.

Recently got my PVS-30 (referb) and love it. Have the EILR-3 and a MAWL in route.

I believe I would really like to stay "green" so I've narrowed my choices down to these two units, however I simply do not understand the real difference.

In addition to that, I'm sure I will be looking for a bump helmet or night cap of sorts to go along with the PVS14.

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 12.45.06 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 12.45.06 PM.png
      216.2 KB · Views: 40
    UNV PVS-14 in the Vyper housing with L3 white pho’s s is pretty much the king dingaling as far as 14’s go. Call and talk to Tyler and he can get you into a high spec tube for a really good deal.

Reactions: GUNNER75
    Even though I've researched quite a bit and even read through the (Buying a PVS14 , a guide) a few times, still not sure what direction to go.

Recently got my PVS-30 (referb) and love it. Have the EILR-3 and a MAWL in route.

I believe I would really like to stay "green" so I've narrowed my choices down to these two units, however I simply do not understand the real difference.

In addition to that, I'm sure I will be looking for a bump helmet or night cap of sorts to go along with the PVS14.

Thanks in advance...

Be happy to discuss all the PVS-14 options. We have 10 year warranties on all our systems. PM if you like, we can talk specifics on our tubes and systems. We have some of the highest spec L3 out there.

Even if you decide to purchase elsewhere, be glad to talk NVD's. It's what we do...

Thanks in advance...
    No reason to stay green, at all. White is superior to the human eye for brightness, detail and contrast. MAWL was a good choice.

Phoned in to TVNC. Suggested either the Gen3 Unfilmed White or the Gen 3 Omni VIII (green). He pointed out the only reason to go Gen 3 Omni VIII was $$$ difference. Hmmmm, $825 difference. About my only reasoning for staying green is my PVS-30 is and I thought it would be best to keep it the same (or similar anyway) to keep it easy on the eyes. Not like I'll be using those two at the exact same time but.....

I wasn't aware of the build time so I'm not gonna make a planned hunt with it, however I will have the PVS-30 on hand and hopefully the MAWL arrives in time. Plus the REAP IR is ready to go as well.

Don't want to regret not going with the white.

Guess I'll kick it around for the next couple days until I man up and just make the decision. I really appreciate the input. Thank you.

Is there any chance you can spend a little time under them both? I have the Green L3 Omni tubes and find them a little better for me vs white. Not sure what it is but something about my particular eyes like the green over the whites I have tried. $$$ is $$$ and I would say if you could compare them both side by side in different environments and lighting the choice would be much easier.

Crossgun, sure wish I lived in an area where I had more access to NV but I do not.

Due to a joint purpose I opted to order the TNVC L3 Gen 3 Omni VIII. Along with that I ordered a Wilcox G11, TM14 Weapon mount (camera tripod use), Ops Core FAST, and a Surefire Helmet Light. All under $4k.
    I will have the option to pick up a second unit pending my NV demo with the local shierffs dept.

I appreciate all the input. Thanks!