• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Upcoming Match in Harris MN

wadebrown

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 18, 2008
    Minnesota
    Hello,

There will be a Full Bore Match at at the Gopher Rifle and Revolver Club in Harris, MN this October 9. While the NRA only recognizes sling shooters using iron sights in a Full Bore Match. I talked with Kurt Borlaug, match director and HP chair at GRRC and he said he would be happy to have F-class shooters in the match. The FB rules from the NRA make allowances for F-class shooters in a FB match and the equipment allowed and targets are the same as any other F-class match. Since the NRA has no F-class classification in Full Bore matches that F-class shooters would not be shooting in an NRA-recorded match but it would be fun to get together for one more competition before Winter.

Note chamber flags are required as a visual aid allowing the RSO to look down the line and see all guns are chamber clear with bolts open.
    The match bulletin is at http://mrra.org/downloads/grrc/Fullbore_2011.pdf

The Course of fire is
    300 yards; Two sighters and 15 shots for record on MR63 target.
    600 yards; Two sighters and 15 shots for record on MR1 target
    800 yards; Up to five sighters and 15 shots for record on LR target.
    1,000 yards; Up to five sighters and 15 shots for record on LR target.

The course of fire is interesting and gives all of us a chance to shoot in midrange and longrange in one day which is unique and should be fun. The showing amongst F-class shooters at the matches at Harris have been much lower this year than last and I would really like to see a good turnout so if you can make it great, and please pass this email along to any shooters F-class or sling, the more shooters we have regardless of sub-discipline the better.

The match bulletin which has the times and all other important information. Given we will not report the F-class scores to the NRA we will not have to submit money for each F-class shooter. I forget what the NRA cost is, but it will be deducted from the match fee the day of the match. Do not register ahead of time if you plan on shooting F-class as I will collect the F-class registrations and money the day of the match.

Like I said please pass this on to other shooters and get a bunch of folks out for a good day of shooting and friendly competition.

Thanks

wade

Re: Upcoming Match in Harris MN

I do believe the NRA does recognise F class in Fullbore. They have national records for F class Fullbore.

I have a NRA F class Fullbore classification, besides regular NRA Mid and Long range F class Classifications.

Bob Lorenz
    Michigan