• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Update from Ashbury Precision Ordnance

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    To All....

During these unprecedented times, we are all dealing with the on-going effects of this devastating Covid-19 pandemic and looking forward with great hope and a return to normal. Our prayers go out to so many of our friends, colleagues and customers who have experienced the heartfelt loss of loved ones, jobs and many businesses simply ruined.

We at Ashbury want you to know that our company remains absolutely dedicated to bringing you the very best in rifle & pistol sports products, service and support. Unfortunately because of the impact of COVID-19, the slowed nature of orders, supplies and lack of precision firearms components, we have had to make staff and hours of operation cut-backs here at Ashbury. With that being said Ashbury is now implementing a plan in development over the past 12 months to move into a new facility nearby here in Central Virginia that will allow us to better serve our changing customer base. Our move is being phased in this spring over the next several months.

We apologize in advance, as we know this will impact the length of time that it takes us to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your orders. Regardless, please rest assured, we will do our very best to take care of our customers and provide you with the high quality products and service you expect and deserve from the APO brand! We thank everyone for your understanding during these difficult times.

As an American family owned small business serving our customers for 25 years, we are committed to get through this together as part of one great nation! Ashbury wishes you and yours continued good health and we thank you for your past, present and future business.

Ashbury International Group Management"

I’d imagine APO is kind of struggling given the woes of Remington these days and the fact there are so many good clones available. Blueprinted 700 actions can’t compete with terminus, defiance, impact and all the others. But the chassis is pretty darn good.

They are overseas doing a big contract, the core parts are not here.

They don't just play in this space, and the Remington actions are gone, but not forgotten, Mack Bros bought a significant portion you can find them

Reactions: Dirty D
    They are overseas doing a big contract, the core parts are not here.

They don't just play in this space, and the Remington actions are gone, but not forgotten, Mack Bros bought a significant portion you can find them
    Thanks for the update

I have tried to contact APO off and on for more than 2 years and have been unable to get anyone to answer a phone or return a message.

I have an APO Saber platform with a Savage .308 action and would like to be able to change my grip. The angle on my chassis does not work with aftermarket AR15 style grips and need a different angle. I have left many messages over the last 2 years with ZERO response.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE?

Thanks.
    Will

I have tried to contact APO off and on for more than 2 years and have been unable to get anyone to answer a phone or return a message.

I have an APO Saber platform with a Savage .308 action and would like to be able to change my grip. The angle on my chassis does not work with aftermarket AR15 style grips and need a different angle. I have left many messages over the last 2 years with ZERO response.

Thanks.
    Will
    Pics?

Thanks.
    Will
    Which angle adapter do you need?

20200706_191758.jpg
    20200706_191845.jpg
    20200205_173219.jpg

Last edited:
    All the adapters mount AR-15 type grips. The only difference is the angle of the adapter , 11, 17.5 or 27 degrees. Rifles mostly ship with 17.5 degree adapters and Ergo grips or Magpul MIAD grips, you appear to have the MIAD. What grip are you trying to install, and what is the problem?

All the adapters mount AR-15 type grips. The only difference is the angle of the adapter , 11, 17.5 or 27 degrees. Rifles mostly ship with 17.5 degree adapters and Ergo grips or Magpul MIAD grips, you appear to have the MIAD. What grip are you trying to install, and what is the problem?
    I would like to attach an ergonomic grip which is more comfortable. The one I bought states it will fit on AR platforms, but I can not get the screw/bolt to line up and allow the new grip to fit. I don't know what the exact angle is on the new grip. I just know it won't mount. The little bit of research I've been able to do points to changing the adapter to one which works with standard AR15 grips.

Thanks.
    Will
    I have the same rifle. I swapped for an Ergo AR deluxe grip initially and then now have the straight Ergo grip. Both have bilateral palm swell which is a nice thumb test. I didn’t use any adapter besides whatever was on the gun from factory. Or maybe I removed what was on there and bolted directly. Either way it works and is solid. You need a long (6+ inches) hex tool though.

FEEAC9F9-D867-4724-A3D6-62E61DB94CB3.jpeg

Reactions: MADMATZ
    I would like to attach an ergonomic grip which is more comfortable. The one I bought states it will fit on AR platforms, but I can not get the screw/bolt to line up and allow the new grip to fit. I don't know what the exact angle is on the new grip. I just know it won't mount. The little bit of research I've been able to do points to changing the adapter to one which works with standard AR15 grips.
    Any AR grip should fit. If it has a beaver tail you may have to cut it off. Our chassis has 2 bolt holes in the grip adapter. Make sure you’re putting it in the right hole...... (insert jokes here)

I think you are just having an issue getting the screw lined up. Some grips have multiple holes. I’ve you pull the adapter off you can look down the holes and see the proper alignment. Any AR-15 type grip should mount. There are only the three different angles available, all for AR-15 grips.

Reactions: MADMATZ
    Not to derail, but I think the last question has been answered.

My question is: Are these accutriggers a PITA to swap out or the same as other factory bolt guns? Thanks

Not to derail, but I think the last question has been answered.

My question is: Are these accutriggers a PITA to swap out or the same as other factory bolt guns? Thanks

No they are not that hard to replace and there are several companies that make replacements. Timney and Rifle Basix make simple replacements and Jard makes one that replaces all of the trigger parts including the trigger bracket and sear.

I have the Jard for the lower bolt release and it's worth every penny (220$) I spent on it.

Reactions: db2000
    I think you are just having an issue getting the screw lined up. Some grips have multiple holes. I’ve you pull the adapter off you can look down the holes and see the proper alignment. Any AR-15 type grip should mount. There are only the three different angles available, all for AR-15 grips.
    I thought that too. But there is an issue when I took the adapter off and tried to align the parts separately from the rifle. From the APO website I've seen a statement on all the adapters which state that they work with all AR15 style grips, but what I have will not mount to the adapter I have. The angle of the screw hole and angle of the hole in the grip don't work together.

I have the same rifle. I swapped for an Ergo AR deluxe grip initially and then now have the straight Ergo grip. Both have bilateral palm swell which is a nice thumb test. I didn’t use any adapter besides whatever was on the gun from factory. Or maybe I removed what was on there and bolted directly. Either way it works and is solid. You need a long (6+ inches) hex tool though.

View attachment 7621364
    Nice rifle. What kind of butt stock is that?

Thanks for the steer on the ergo grips, I'll take a look at those for sure.

I was meant pics of the part you are having issues with not the whole rifle.

I have the M700 and certain grips work. The ergos and magpuls work fine. Ive had to modify others.
    I don't have detailed pics of the issue. But I'll look into a different grip from a different company.

Are you with APO?

I work for Gunsite Academy, but I consult for APO and use quite a bit of their gear. Odd that you have a grip that would mount to and AR but not the adapter. If you get a chance to take some detailed pics, or just want to put the grip in the mail to me here at Gunsite I'll see if I can't resolve the problem.

I work for Gunsite Academy, but I consult for APO and use quite a bit of their gear. Odd that you have a grip that would mount to and AR but not the adapter. If you get a chance to take some detailed pics, or just want to put the grip in the mail to me here at Gunsite I'll see if I can't resolve the problem.
    Thanks for the offer. I tried modifying the grip and F'ed it up and threw it away a long time ago. I didn't want to invest in another one until I understood how this system worked.

One of the other posters mentioned the ergo grips. I think I'll get one of those and see what happens. They show a model similar to what I had attached to an APO rifle on their website, so I may have just have had a POS grip from a gun show.

I am curious about why APO has not returned any communications from me in almost 2 years though. I don't remember peeing in anybody's cornflakes over there, didn't leave any nasty grams or anything like that. I thought they might be out of business or something with a ghost website just hanging on. Not expecting you to answer for them, just asking questions outloud. I know that sometimes gets me in trouble though.

It did mount to my AR15 though. Strange.

Nice rifle. What kind of butt stock is that?

Thanks for the steer on the ergo grips, I'll take a look at those for sure.
    Thanks
    XLR TR2 and added the bag rider to the bottom.