• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Update Kestrel 5700 Elite AB with Firmware 1.44 - Failure

SAKOTRG42A1

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2019
Germany
After 3(!) attempts to finish successful the update to FW 1.44, I can not transfer my gun profiles to the updated device!

Reset of the device -> BT reconnect -> select gun profiles (5) to transfer -> ask for overwriting or append -> both choices are ending in endless "Uploading...".

Reset of the device with removing batteries > same result

Can you please test your firmware for the devices BEFORE you release the software to the public?
Phone is a iPhone 12 Pro with newest iOS and newest Kestrel LiNK Ballistics.

Tried more than 30 times...

Need advise to fix my useless Kestrel...

Model 5700AL
SN 2547140
FW 1.44
BOOT 1.01
BLE 0.09
BAL 72
HW Rev 14

Best regards

Last edited:
After 3(!) attempts to finish successful the update to FW 1.44, I can not transfer my gun profiles to the updated device!

Reset of the device -> BT reconnect -> select gun profiles (5) to transfer -> ask for overwriting or append -> both choices are ending in endless "Uploading...".

Can you please test your firmware for the devices BEFORE you release the software to the public?

Model 5700AL
SN 2547140
FW 1.44
BOOT 1.01
BLE 0.09
BAL 72
HW Rev 14

Best regards
Please email directly at [email protected]

Reactions: Holliday

Model 5700AL
SN 2547140
FW 1.44
BOOT 1.01
BLE 0.09
BAL 72
HW Rev 14

Best regards
Please email directly at [email protected]

I had the same issue today. Had to build my profiles from scratch.

I called them, they know the issue and are working on a fix.

The guy on the line said, 2 days or so, but was not guaranteed. It was a royal pain in the ass. The QA team sucks probably that’s a major bug.

We have identified the issue. We are hopeful we can push a fix out today.
Unfortunately it will be a couple more days to get out an update. We sincerely apologize. While we have a fix for the Kestrel firmware, we also need to fix the Kestrel LINK Ballistics app from showing false "firmware failure" messages. If you have our USB Cable or dongle, you can update the firmware through the Kestrel LINK for MAC or Windows program in the interim.

Unfortunately it will be a couple more days to get out an update. We sincerely apologize. While we have a fix for the Kestrel firmware, we also need to fix the Kestrel LINK Ballistics app from showing false "firmware failure" messages. If you have our USB Cable or dongle, you can update the firmware through the Kestrel LINK for MAC or Windows program in the interim.

Thank you for the update any news?

You can update using Windows or MAC. If you have an Android, I can send you a beta version of the app we are testing that you can load (email [email protected]). We are still finding minors things so we can't release fully to the public just yet.
I’m on IOS, does the update for windows or Mac require a cable? Or can that be done via Link?