• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

UPDATE!!! Meindl boots any good?

tlsmith22

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
ALABAMA
Looking for a new pair of hunting boots. I am looking at the Perfekt and also the alaska hunters. Anyone tried any? Do they run true in size? Cant really find alot of info for a pretty pricey boot. Thanks guys

I just found an older thread that was talking about Meindl, seems like they are pretty popular. If anyone has a pair and also has a pair of Danner Acadias, how do they compare in size? I wear a 12D in my Acadias and they are snug, could have gone with a 12.5. I really like the looks of the alaska hunter the best too.

Re: Meindl boots any good?

Call Barney sports Chalot in achorage alaska. Talk to bob he will help you.

Just looked the number up, will give him a call tomorrow.

(907) 561-5242 if anyone is interested. thanks TB

have 2 pairs , im very picky about my boots , have tried all the big names , meindl are among the best heavyduty hunting /hiking boots and are my fav.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlsmith22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for a new pair of hunting boots. I am looking at the Perfekt and also the alaska hunters. Anyone tried any? Do they run true in size? Cant really find alot of info for a pretty pricey boot. Thanks guys

I just found an older thread that was talking about Meindl, seems like they are pretty popular. If anyone has a pair and also has a pair of Danner Acadias, how do they compare in size? I wear a 12D in my Acadias and they are snug, could have gone with a 12.5. I really like the looks of the alaska hunter the best too. </div></div>

I know Barneys very well and if you need help fitting boots, PM me. While I am not all that familiar with Meindl, I have years of experience custom fitting with high end boots.

Give me a description of your feet and intended use.

The #1 neutral fitting last in high end boots is the LaSportiva Makalu last.

Germany, Italy, Euro, Mondo, UK and US do not cross size.

Heel counters, arch length, toe box are not the same on boots and feet.

They are great boots, best pair I have ever owned. But they do run about a 1/2 size to a full size big. I normally wear about a 10 1/2 to 11 and I got mine in a 10 and they fit great.

For a light weight hiking/hunting boot look at the asolo.

22, Cabelas sells them in store and on their website they have reviews on them. All seem to like them, I'll be getting a pair soon also.

I've had a pair of Meindl Denalis for the past two seasons and am very happy with them. The sole is stiff and takes a while to really break in and the boots are supportive and brick shithouse solid. No complaints at all, and I wear a size 12 and they were a perfect fit at size 12.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The #1 neutral fitting last in high end boots is the LaSportiva Makalu last.
</div></div>

My wife has these and I have the Glaciers. Both took a year to break in (weekend climbing) but they are solid. The Makalu has a longer internal shank and are stiffer. Love the La Sportiva brand.

I have no experience with Meindl.

Have the Meindl Taiga boots , after years of heavy use in mud & snow they are still in good shape, great boots , great quality .

PP out

I called Barneys in Alaska. They have quit carrying the Meindls altogether. He did say that they were like the best boots for just about anything other than hunting in Alaska. He said they would not last anytime up there. He also said anywhere other than Alaska, they were one of the best boots going, so I went ahead and ordered a pair of the Alaska Hunters! Will let yall know how the wear and fit. Thanks guys