• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

##UPDATE##My new build... Range Report

--BLACKOUT--

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2011
    Silver City, New Mexico
    I finally got the time to put some pics together of my rig. Took a while to get all the parts and get it put together. It is my version of the M40A3. Obviously not a full spec build but this one is mine and I'm proud of it. I've only put 40 rounds through it so far but tomorrow will be a great day for shooting.

Many thanks for people who helped put this together for me.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bugholes</span>- M40 contour barrel blank.
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Scorehigh Gunsmithing</span>- trued reciever, chambered, crowned and cut barrel to 22" also put the package together.
    <span style="font-weight: bold">JWPrecision</span>- McMillan A4 stock.
    <span style="font-weight: bold">CDI</span>- bottom metal.
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Triad Tactical</span>- recoil lug, Badger knob, TAB Gear rear bag, Atlas bipod, Alpha mags.
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Liberty Optics</span>- IOR 4-16x50 w/ MP-8 X1 reticle.
    <span style="font-weight: bold">SWFA</span>- Seekins base and rings.
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Southwest Ammunition</span>- .308 175gr bullets.
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Rifles Only</span>- TAB Gear sling.
    <span style="font-weight: bold">High Speed Shooting Systems</span>- Fang bipod feet.
    <span style="font-weight: bold">IMPACT Data Books </span>

ih705l.jpg

oh3gd2.jpg

23hrspd.jpg

n3uiqf.jpg

Still in the process of getting a range finder and Kestrel to use with the Shooter app.

Have a good one!

Re: My new build

That is one sweet rig! Post some pics. of some groups after your day at the range. Paul.
    cool.gif

##UPDATE##

I just got back from the range with my new .92" Seekins rings that gave me better clearance than the .87". It was a nice 72 degrees with little to no wind. One screw up on my part was putting the target at 100yds and not hitting paper. Moved target up to 50yds... nothing.. and finally 25yds, home at last.

Back to 100yds and 2 rounds later I have my zero. The Mil reticle makes it so easy. I move on to my Sniper's Hide group target paper and begin.

1st 5 shot group: Middle target, Southwest Ammunition .308 175gr Run N Gun. Great group for me!
    cool.gif

2nd 5 shot group: Top left, same ammo... kinda shitty, old men next to me telling stories and laughing it up.
    laugh.gif

3rd 5 shot group: Top right, SWAmmo .308 175gr FC Brass(Group Buy) Just about shit myself when I saw it up close.
    crazy.gif

fp1gty.jpg

I ran out of time to use my FDAC and shoot a dot drill. Maybe tomorrow. I admit, I'm still getting a little bipod hop to the left. It's the only thing I can't figure out.

Thought's, opinions welcome.

Fuckin Awesome! Plant your bipod feet, tilt rifle up slightly, place your stock in shoulder pocket then it puts a little forward pressure on the bipod keeping the thing stable. I'm sure someone else can explain it better if you don't understand what I'm talking about.

PM me and I can text you a vid of what I'm talking about.

Bipod hop: I found that lining up directly behind the rifle reduces/eliminates bipod hop for me. Consistent pressure forward on the bipod and same trigger pull each time helps out a lot.

Enjoy, she looks like a shooter for sure!

ogreshooter said:
    Bipod hop: I found that lining up directly behind the rifle reduces/eliminates bipod hop for me.

totally agree helps me out a lot

Hey, what's wrong with old men telling stories laughing it up? They're just helping you work on your concentration. I think if some of the stories were good, that "shitty" group would be my favorite :>)

Thanks to all for the advice. I'm trying everything that has been mentioned. Sometimes I get it, just not as consistantly as I would like.

I was half laughing, half trying to concentrate on shooting during the stories. Not mad at them at all.

Great rig, I love my IOR w/ MP8.

I got hop a lot too and found it was a mixture of not getting the stock in the pocket correctly and being off to the left in body position and not straight behind the rifle.... But more about pocket position.