• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Update on the Shiloh Puppy - Kali Mae

JSTARSZ

Lefty's Rule
Minuteman
  • Feb 6, 2008
    Wolftown
    I have had several people ask me about my new Shiloh Shepherd puppy, Kali Mae, and how she is growing...I will say that this puppy loves just about everyone to include other dogs so that is always a good thing. I take her out for socialization as much as possible and she is super smart and learns quickly. She is five months old, this Sunday, and she is basic obedience trained as in sit, lay, off, shake, walks on a leash at the heel, and will take commands off leash, sometimes...she is a puppy so I have to continually work on stay.

Growth - I decided to actually keep up with her growth on a tall wooden board starting at 8 weeks old.
    Oct 13, 13 - 19.2lbs 14" Tall and nose was 2 1/2' long
    Oct 27, 13 - 25.4lbs and 16" tall
    Nov 7, 13 - 30lbs, 17 3/4" tall and nose 3.5"
    Nov 23, 13 - 38lbs, 19.5" Tall
    Dec 21, 13 - 54lbs, 21 1/2" tall and nose is now 4 1/4"

here are some pics - Here is Kali with my daughter's two Shiloh's, one male on the right and the two females on the left - Kali is the Light colored one. They all love to chew sticks

Kali: Both ears up already so I don't have to fight that...

What I noticed that really intrigues me is the ability of the dogs to recognize their breed. Kali normally has a Collie and a Sheltie to play with most of the time but when the Shiloh's come up she dumps her family dogs and hangs out with the Shiloh's and plays. I have seen this before and asked breeders if they have seen that and they tell me that it is normal. That really surprises me.

She is a really neat puppy with a HUGE personality. She came in the house and automatically took over the second out of three dogs place in the pack with not much effort - I think the Sheltie was OK with giving it up anyways - she is eleven. The Collie is the alpha female and Kali is continually challenging her for that place. Not by fighting but by trying to push her around. I will be interested to see if the Collie gives up her status as alpha - the Collie is nine. The Collie is about 75lbs so she still keeps the puppy at bay with mock fighting and putting her down like a mother would do - I don't intercede unless I see her getting too rough with Kali which happens if Kali really ticks her off; she does occasionally.

Last edited:
    Her mom was just over 100lbs and dad was 105lbs so I would imagine she will be close to 100lbs. She seems to eat a lot thus far so I figure she will get close. She will also get some what darker but she will be lighter than the other two. The two dark ones are half brother and sister as they have the same mother but my Shiloh is not in their line for at least five generations that I have seen.

Thanks for the updates!
    Kali is absolutely gorgeous and these stinkin Shilohs' are really startin to grab my heart and mind...
    I live on 85 acres, but no fenced yard, yet the dog would be my constant companion in and out of the house. Except for the boys...

Thanks for the updates!
    Kali is absolutely gorgeous and these stinkin Shilohs' are really startin to grab my heart and mind...
    yes I know as I have that terrible affliction too. These are some smart doggies I can tell you that.