• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

***UPDATED*** COVER FOR CHARGEMASTER?

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Hi Gang.
For a living I mfg. dust covers for Ham,PC,and A/V equipment. And I have had a few requests from my shooting and reloading buddies for a cover for the RCBS ChargeMaster.

So I slapped together a prototype just to see how much interest there might be for them....AGAIN....THIS IS JUST A ROUGH MOCK UP...finished product will look MUCH nicer.

Finished cover will be made from marine grade vinyl with a knitted nylon backing. Colors will be either black or gray (your choice) and your choice of color for the lettering...it will say CHARGEMASTER and under it 1500. Or I can add pretty much any lettering/writing you would want.

I will make them in two models....a solid top one like you see in the pictures that would require you to remove the powder hopper. Or a model with a cutout for the hopper so you can leave the hopper on the unit.

Price will be around $35.00 I am guessing....won't know until I get a complete cover made and see how much time and material it takes to make one.

Please leave me some input....if this is something that looks like it will be in demand, then I will go forward with a finished cover and post more pics.

Take care,Stan

Re: ANYONE INTERESTED IN A COVER FOR CHARGEMASTER?

I'd be intreasted

Could it also include the the lipstick impression of a kiss? From your wife now, no tricky stuff from you Stan!

Stan why dont you make it with the funnel cover. I know it is more time and material for you but I think it would make for a better looking product.
Just a thought.

Mac

Hi Mac....I thought of that but it just does not look very nice...plus I am trying to keep the price down. I think the cut out for the hopper will be the ticket. I will post a pic of what it will look like....again...just a mock up. Finished cover will be hemmed and the material will be vinyl.

Take care,Stan

Ok...here is the basic idea for the hopper in place cover....again please keep in mind this is FAR from a finished cover. Finished cover will have sewn hem's, made from vinyl,etc. This is just to give one an rough idea of what it will look like.

Take care,Stan

Not sure I need one yet, but I'd suggest no lettering if it adds to the price. I know what's under there....and don't care if anyone else does.

If it's $1 or $2 I guess it's fine and looks good, if it's $5 to $10....not needed.

What about color choices? I know its just a test model. But would like black.

I would pay more if the hopper was covered too.

I'll take one when ready. I'd like the hopper covered but I like the cut out too.

Beats the hell out of my old undies!!

I would like one with the the cutout. Anything to cover up that ugly green sitting next to all the Dillon blue.

Do covers do anything to keep humidty out....or do they trap it in? Or is it humidity neutral?

Thanks

I'll take one when ready. I'd like the hopper covered but I would get the one with the cut out if that was the only one available.

James

Stan,

Count me in! This is an excellent idea. Black with the hole cutout and lettering as you state is fine with me. Just tell me where to send the funds!

This is a huge step forward with what I'm doing now which consists of taped up bubble wrap.........

If you offered a fully covered hopper as well, I'd go that direction.

I will take one if any are left. I would like a price with one that covers the hopper.

Stan any updates on the covers? Are you going to make them still?

I would be interested in two of them if you have them with a hopper cover.

Well I still have it on the back burner...looking at different materials,etc. Trying to come up with a feasible way to cover the hopper. My goal is to try and keep the price down.

I will let everyone know as soon as I come up with something.

I am thinking of using rip stop nylon...checking to see what colors are available.

Take care,Stan

I would also be interested if it covered the hopper.

CJG

Stan, I really like the idea of a thicker ripstop nylon material for the cover. This will be a very durable, scratch resistant, water (or fluid) resistant, option for the cover. Looking forward to what you come up with.

Still thinking about this guys. I did get in some rip-stop nylon that closely matches the RCBS green color. New design will cover the hopper....due to the request for it.

I have not had a lot of time to work on this...my normal cover(s) orders have been very good the last month and that keeps me busy. I will try and get a new prototype done in the new material soon and then will start on orders if most of you like the way it looks.

Take care,Stan

Any new updates Stan. Thanks

Sorry to get to you so late in the thread BUT I am interested in the cover if it will cover the powder tube-Are you going anywhere with your intentions of making a cover for the 1500?

I'm definitely interested in a cover. I'd prefer a hopper cover, but will be satisfied with the Hopper cutout if that's the way it ends up. I just don't want to have to remove the hopper and have it laying around just to put the cover on.

I'm not a big fan of the idea for an "RCBS Green" cover, its a hideous enough color as it is. I got a cover for my RCBS Rockchucker from the factory and its a nice vinyl cover in grayish silver with the RCBS logo embroidered. I could care less about the embroidery - just saying the gray/silver looks decent. Black also works.

What's the latest on this? Expected price?

C,mon Stan stop fooling around with the wife and get busy making these covers lol. You have a great idea and were waiting to snap these covers up.

Mac

Santa just brought me a chargemaster so I could go for one of these

Dang, I've had this idea in my head for the better part of a year, someone beat me to it, I had the material all cut out and everything! should have put a patent on it.

Ok...have been really busy and have not had much time to spend on this project. But...here is the latest mock up/design for the Charge Master cover.

As you see it now has the hopper covered and as part of the overall cover.

Again...just a prototype. Finished cover will be hemmed and embroidered with CHARGEMASTER 1500.

Also...I am not to happy with the ripstop nylon...it is very light weight and I am searching for something heavier.

I will post updates as it comes along.

Take care,Stan