• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors UPDATES: Dead Air Nomad LT and Nomad Ti - a few questions

Joeg26er

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Dead Air Suppressor Update -
Just got my stamp for my Dead Air Nomad LT. Still waiting on my Dead Air Nomad Ti stamp...it's on eForms since Jan so fingers crossed any day now?
Also considering getting another Nomad LT or Ti and a Dead Air Mask HD.

Gathering accessories for these Nomad suppressors and have a few questions for those of you that have them

1) Thinking about using some titanium mount adapters. The threads on all the adapters I have seen are raw titanium.
Heard about galling issues where the suppressor has to have the mount CUT out. What special high temp anti-seize stop this from happening? OR - would that cause the Ti suppressor to unthread / back off constantly?

2) Suppressor Pouches. What are people using for these? Want belt and molle capable. Under $40/pouch

3) Direct Thread. (related to #1) Considering going direct thread and dedicating suppressors to each host. What are best practices to insure these won't back off during firing?

1. No anti seize is fine, torque should keep it in place. Griffin sells a small vial rated to 2300⁰f for $7.
2. Silencer shop and amargeddon pouches have options under 40.
3. Torque, ask the mount manufacturer, I have done 15-20 ft lbs.

Dead Air Suppressor Update -
Just got my stamp for my Dead Air Nomad LT. Still waiting on my Dead Air Nomad Ti stamp...it's on eForms since Jan so fingers crossed any day now?
Also considering getting another Nomad LT or Ti and a Dead Air Mask HD.

Gathering accessories for these Nomad suppressors and have a few questions for those of you that have them

1) Thinking about using some titanium mount adapters. The threads on all the adapters I have seen are raw titanium.
Heard about galling issues where the suppressor has to have the mount CUT out. What special high temp anti-seize stop this from happening? OR - would that cause the Ti suppressor to unthread / back off constantly?

2) Suppressor Pouches. What are people using for these? Want belt and molle capable. Under $40/pouch

3) Direct Thread. (related to #1) Considering going direct thread and dedicating suppressors to each host. What are best practices to insure these won't back off during firing?
I have a Nomad-LT as well. Absolutely phenomenal suppressor. You will be very impressed and satisfied with your purchase. 👍🏼

Here's what I do...

1.) A VERY small dab of Rocksett on the mount threads works great for keeping the mounts in place. I was told this was ok by Mike Pappas himself.

2.) Don't have a clue, all my cans either ride in a range bag, or on the guns.

3.) There is no practice to ensure anything, other than checking the suppressor every few rounds. If using on a semi-auto (AR platform), I recommend just using the KeyMo setup. If it's ratcheted down tight, then it should never come loose until you remove it from the gun.

Also, I highly recommend the Mask HD rimfire can. I love mine! It's probably the best rimfire can on the market. If you can afford a 2nd Nomad-LT, you won't be disappointed. My Nomad-LT is the quietest suppressor I own, and one of the quietest on the market.