• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Updates from TargetCam.net...on TV, NRA convention in Houston booth 1907...

TahoeRider

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2012
Reno, NV
www.targetcam.net
Hey Gents, thought I'd drop in and give you guys some updates on some of the latest news with us. I met Walt Wilkinson and Larry Vickers at SHOT show in January. Larry is the host of TAC-TV which airs on the Sportsman's channel. They liked our product and asked if I'd bring one to the Gunsite Academy (www.gunsite.com) for the filming of two episodes on long range shooting. Of course I jumped on this opportunity...The filming was 2 weeks ago and it went great. We shot using our system at 300, 700, and 1300 yards. Shots on the targets were clear as a bell, you'll see later on the TV show when it airs later this summer.

Here's a shot of the crew filming Larry at the 300 yard range
tahoerider-albums-target-cam-pics-picture5623-imgp0106.jpg

Zeroing in at 300. Larry shot an incredibly small group with the 308 barrel installed in the AI PSR. You'll see it on TV but I think it was less than 1/2 an inch. They then switched barrels to 338lm and the group was a little larger at this closer range.
tahoerider-albums-target-cam-pics-picture5624-imgp0107.jpg

The rifles were supplied by Randy of Mile High Shooting (MileHighShooting.com). He didn't mess around and brought an entire arsenal of high end fire sticks. Here's Larry checking out his shots on the TargetCam screen at the 700 yard range...and yeah, that is an AI PSR....(a $20K setup)
tahoerider-albums-target-cam-pics-picture5626-imgp0116.jpg

It was very windy (15-20 mph gusty crosswinds), especially up on 50 Cal Ridge where we shot at a man size target 1300 yards away. Here's the film crew getting some of the ultra slow motion of the 338lm bullet leaving the AI barrel (makes for dramatic TV footage). I was happy to see the picture of the target on our system was clear as a bell. One of the camera crew said it looked like it was actually clearer at 1300 than it was at 700 (I think he was imagining this but whatever).
tahoerider-albums-target-cam-pics-picture5793-imgp0123-medium.JPG

It was tough hitting an 18" wide target from 1300 yards away over a huge valley with 20mph gusts form the side coming in. In this picture that is Cory Trap with his back to the camera on the right looking through his spotter, Walt is seated to the left of Larry who is shooting. Cory and Walt were the brains behind the calculations. These two guys are instructors at Gunsite. Both of them are extremely knowledgeable and also very willing to share their knowledge. You can tell these guys eat and breath long range shooting, great guys and not a hint of arrogance. This shot is from 50 Cal Ridge. The target with the Target Cam mounted on a tripod is 1300 yards out amoung the trees.
tahoerider-albums-target-cam-pics-picture5794-imgp0122-medium.JPG

It was a good TV shoot which will air later this summer. I left one of our TargetCam demo units with Walt and Cory for them to use in their classes at Gunsite. Their XLR class was just this last week and they used it every day. I'm working on getting them a few more cameras soon so they can use the one base station and then view multiple targets down range.

On another note, we are headed to the NRA convention in Houston this coming weekend May 3-5. We'll be in booth 1907 under the name Target Cam. If any of you are going to be there make sure you stop by to say hi and also check out our latest design. We might also have a prototype up and running at the show with some of our enhanced capabilities.

Our product is now offered in the above link "Shop Sniper's Hide" above. We are also offering a decent discount to Hide members. Call me any time with your questions about our product.

Keith Averill

Last edited:
i'm glad you'll be at Houston, I will come and see you. I e-mailed you last week, no reply. (yet).

Hey Hiders...we shot some good video of our system in use yesterday. Editing it now and will post soon. Should get it posted just after I get back from NRA show next week. Good footage, shots from 308 all visible on target at 600 and 1000 yards. A number of people have asked me for some video. I'll also be posting it on Utube and on our site targetcam.net

I emailed you Montana, sorry for the delay.

Got the mail, will call soon.

I'm pretty excited to see the system.