• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upgrade Harris Mount, or new Bipod

TSpork

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Looking to upgrade my bipod.

Right now I'm using a Harris BRM-S. It's attached to a KRG ARCA spigot mount on my Whiskey-3 via the sling stud. Attaching it to the sling stud leaves much to be desired. It tends to loosen up a little bit, so I put loctite and it seems to do better. It also rocks side to side ever so slightly. I have no complaints with the harris

So the question is:
-upgrade the Harris with an Arca mount for something like ~$100
-Buy an Atlas Cal with Arca from Area 419 for $300
-Buy an Atlas PSR with Arca from Area 419 for $320
atlas-bipods

This will be mainly used for range shooting, but I'm looking to do a PSR match in about a month and hopefully continue doing them. With that in mind, what would you do? If I take the harris off this gun, I already have another rifle that it will go on, so no waste there. The other rifle will utilize the sling stud mount. I've used an Atlas once a bit ago on my friend's gun, but it was already setup and I didn't really mess with it

Don't worry, this is exactly why I'm stuck. haha
The best advice I can give you though in regards to this topic is if you wanna go Atlas, the PX always has great deals on them. I picked up a pair from their recently that were immaculate, and saved myself quite a chunk of change......that I ended up using on some boxes of Nosler RDF, but you get the idea lol.

Reactions: TSpork
The best advice I can give you though in regards to this topic is if you wanna go Atlas, the PX always has great deals on them. I picked up a pair from their recently that were immaculate, and saved myself quite a chunk of change......that I ended up using on some boxes of Nosler RDF, but you get the idea lol.

Ya I was looking at used. But when I factor in that if I buy it from AREA 419, it already comes with the Arca mount, it’s pretty much the same price as the cheapest on the PX plus the cost of a mount

Ya I was looking at used. But when I factor in that if I buy it from AREA 419, it already comes with the Arca mount, it’s pretty much the same price as the cheapest on the PX plus the cost of a mount
Valid point. I skipped over that part. If the Arca mount is desired my vote would be Area 419 as well.

I have the Atlas BT10-LW17 mounted on a pic rail section I added to the standard Anschutz rail on my Steyr Elite. So far it has been fantastic for my use. I'm sure with you going the Arca route you plan on doing some barricade shooting in matches. They both work well, I'm not a Harris hater, but I must say my BT10-LW17 did make me a believer.

I have these...perfect for updating a Harris

Attachments

• F22D8DD8-6ECB-4F54-9533-538A4222FDED.jpeg
    F22D8DD8-6ECB-4F54-9533-538A4222FDED.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 27DAD5F6-992D-4121-8BEE-85B68E78F127.jpeg
    27DAD5F6-992D-4121-8BEE-85B68E78F127.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 99
I have the Atlas BT10-LW17 mounted on a pic rail section I added to the standard Anschutz rail on my Steyr Elite. So far it has been fantastic for my use. I'm sure with you going the Arca route you plan on doing some barricade shooting in matches. They both work well, I'm not a Harris hater, but I must say my BT10-LW17 did make me a believer.

Dale: How did you attach the pic rail to the Anschutz rail?

I have an old USSR Olympic rifle that I wouldn’t mind slapping a bipod on from time to time, and it has an Annie rail.

Dale: How did you attach the pic rail to the Anschutz rail?

I have an old USSR Olympic rifle that I wouldn’t mind slapping a bipod on from time to time, and it has an Annie rail.
This right here is the only mount I’ve found. I’m sure there may be others, but I’ve yet to find one other than this overpriced thing. It does get the job done, but isn’t a one size fits all based on reviews I’ve read. However if fitment is an issue a thread file would be able to fix it for you.

Wow..... that’s expensive. Makes me wonder if a flat based piece of pic rail couldn’t be mounted on the annie rail with some tee nuts. I’ll explore. Thanks for the link.
Right, mine came with a Steyr Scout I picked up in trade here off the Hide otherwise I’m not so sure I’d have dropped the coin on the rail myself.

I tried the upgraded Harris route... After the KRG mount that does away with all the sling swivel crap, the Atlas feet adaptors & Atlas feet, I've got something like $200-250 in an $80 bipod... And I'll probably be buying a TBAC. Does that help?

Reactions: deersniper
If you already have an ARCA rail, I would go for a Ckye pod.

I love my Harris. I mounted it on an MPA adapter because I'm not a fan of the sling stud mount.

I sold my Atlas BT10 and bought the Ckye.

I'm also looking at the same topic, I'm interested in the area 419 part as I have an arca rail for my tripod already on my rifle. I'm actually happy with the Harris so not interested in the atlas

So does anyone has that area 419 mount and has some feedback?

I have both and I also have an LRA. That one's the absolute best but it's not small, I use it on a .50. The Atlas seems like a smaller, cheaper version of the LRA. I actually sorta prefer the Harris bipod with a pod lock; I use the stud mount but it usually goes to a rail mount of some kind. It's not as solid as the Atlas but if it was, it wouldn't be an issue with me, Harris all the way.

What I don't like about the Atlas has mostly to do with the damn legs spinning, I hate that, and it's just not as friendly as the Harris. I have the one on an SR25 and it's on there only because that rifle is heavy with all the shit on it. I tolerate it.

I thought LRA was gonna make a smaller, Atlas sized bipod years ago but I guess they never did it. That would be the titties and the true winner IMO. Or if Harris would make "heavy duty" version.

Elite Iron makes a unique one that's also very solid. It'll spin 360deg. around the rifle and can be used upside down between two supports for example. But it's the most expensive one listed here.

Reactions: deersniper
I’ve had a couple Harris that I’ve sold to try other and keep coming back because they are simple and very effective. I now have two - both are upgraded with pod loc; one uses a picarinny adapter and is the one used the most. The other uses an ARCA adapter and is only used on the one rifle that has an rail. It is the less expensive model. I have eliminated the stud attachment on both as it seems to be the weak link, and honestly Harris needs to seriously update their engineering!!!! I even know a couple folks that work at the plant and have discussed this with them but the company seems to be happy and still making money. I have tried the Atlas and like the non-rotating version. When I spend that much $$ to upgrade, I’ll most likely spend just a bit more and look for a Ckye pod. Met Ckye at a match last week and he let me check out his rifle and gear - great piece of kit and very useful. That will be my next upgrade for the front of the rifle.
Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
I'm also looking at the same topic, I'm interested in the area 419 part as I have an arca rail for my tripod already on my rifle. I'm actually happy with the Harris so not interested in the atlas

I have it and it is nice. The knob is better than the RRS adapter. It is easier to tighten down on the rail.

I’ve had a couple Harris that I’ve sold to try other and keep coming back because they are simple and very effective. I now have two - both are upgraded with pod loc; one uses a picarinny adapter and is the one used the most. The other uses an ARCA adapter and is only used on the one rifle that has an rail. It is the less expensive model. I have eliminated the stud attachment on both as it seems to be the weak link, and honestly Harris needs to seriously update their engineering!!!! I even know a foxhole folks that work at the plant and have discussed this with them but the company seems to be happy and still making money. I have tried the Atlas and like the non-rotating version. When I spend that much $$ to upgrade, I’ll most likely spend just a bit more and look for a Ckye pod. Met Ckye at a match last week and he let me check out his rifle and gear - great piece of kit and very useful. That will be my next upgrade for the front of the rifle.
Sorry for the long post.

You're not the first person I have heard say that about Harris. They seem to have no interest in new development or innovation, and want to just keep cranking out the same product. I have two BRM-S bipods with extensive modifications, and it would be great to see them bring out a bipod that incorporated all of the things that we currently rely on aftermarket for - Atlas foot compatibility, integrated picatinny/Arca connections, etc.

Reactions: FishDr
You really don’t give up anything with a Harris vs. an Atlas. I’ve sold a couple and then built a couple more to replace them.

If you’re going to upgrade, cut the chase and get a Ckye. Or if you’re looking for something super stable, LRA, 5-H, etc. Otherwise just save yourself the headache and stick to what you’ve got.

Reactions: Genin
I have both and I also have an LRA. That one's the absolute best but it's not small, I use it on a .50. The Atlas seems like a smaller, cheaper version of the LRA. I actually sorta prefer the Harris bipod with a pod lock; I use the stud mount but it usually goes to a rail mount of some kind. It's not as solid as the Atlas but if it was, it wouldn't be an issue with me, Harris all the way.

What I don't like about the Atlas has mostly to do with the damn legs spinning, I hate that, and it's just not as friendly as the Harris. I have the one on an SR25 and it's on there only because that rifle is heavy with all the shit on it. I tolerate it.

I thought LRA was gonna make a smaller, Atlas sized bipod years ago but I guess they never did it. That would be the titties and the true winner IMO. Or if Harris would make "heavy duty" version.

Elite Iron makes a unique one that's also very solid. It'll spin 360deg. around the rifle and can be used upside down between two supports for example. But it's the most expensive one listed here.
Do you shoot the 50 on concrete? Mine wears the rubber feet pretty bad on the Lra when shooting .50 odd concrete

Do yourself a favor and upgrade that bipod. I have tried almost every bipod on the market: Spartan 300 ($475), Evolution ($300), Harris ($90), Javelin ($300), Atlas B10 V8 ($220), Tier-One Tactical ($400). I returned/sold all of them except for the Tier-One Tactical bipod and the Atlas B10 V8 bipod, both of which is I still use. Harris bipods cannot compare with the newer high-end bipods for several reasons (which I won't get into right now). I also heard good things about the new TBAC bipod which runs about $400.

I just put an Area 419 rail on my rifle and bought the Harris adapter/Arca clamp and it’s bad to the bone.. No point in looking elsewhere Area 419 is where it’s at.. I still love my Harris bipod as well??

I have the area 419 adapter and it works well, I also have the RRS adapter mount I prefer it over the 419 because it will work on pic rails or Arca rails. It’s more money but it’s also more flexible if you have multiple rifles and move your bipod around it might be worth looking into.

Reactions: 260284
Looking to upgrade my bipod.

Right now I'm using a Harris BRM-S. It's attached to a KRG ARCA spigot mount on my Whiskey-3 via the sling stud. Attaching it to the sling stud leaves much to be desired. It tends to loosen up a little bit, so I put loctite and it seems to do better. It also rocks side to side ever so slightly. I have no complaints with the harris

So the question is:
-upgrade the Harris with an Arca mount for something like ~$100
-Buy an Atlas Cal with Arca from Area 419 for $300
-Buy an Atlas PSR with Arca from Area 419 for $320
atlas-bipods

This will be mainly used for range shooting, but I'm looking to do a PSR match in about a month and hopefully continue doing them. With that in mind, what would you do? If I take the harris off this gun, I already have another rifle that it will go on, so no waste there. The other rifle will utilize the sling stud mount. I've used an Atlas once a bit ago on my friend's gun, but it was already setup and I didn't really mess with it

Thanks for considering the Atlas offerings, I like options 2 and 3 and probably go #2.

You have an Atlas BT10, V8 version Atlas, the Atlas BT46&47 PSR version (selected for SOCOM PSR program thus the version name) legs do not spin.
Wow..... that’s expensive. Makes me wonder if a flat based piece of pic rail couldn’t be mounted on the annie rail with some tee nuts. I’ll explore. Thanks for the link.

We’ve been offering this for years- https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/accessories-official-manufacturer/79-bt28-afar-kit.html

Reactions: DaleGribble82
Watching Dave Preston clean stages with a Harris.
Bipod isn’t going to make you better shooter. Harris with a RRS ARCA adapter works great.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaleGribble82
I've had an ARMS picatini adapter on a BRMS for the last 15 years or so. With a Tnuts lever and Hawk Hill feet I haven't felt like I need to switch bipods. I've used a few friends Atlas bipods and didn't see the hype. If my Harris ever break I'll probably look at the TBAC.

I went this route for my Harris. Let's me use it on ARCA and picatinny both.

$8.50 plus shipping. Cheaper than a Pod lock. Have 5 of these on mine and my sons' harris bipods.