• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upgrade in cheek piece for Accuracy International Stocks

lobo56

Minuteman
Feb 18, 2009
Texas
I know I saw somewhere, a pad to put on the cheek piece to make it more "tacky" than the stock one. Anyone know what I am thinking of?

Thanks in advance.

I was thinking about trying the RAT pad: RAT Pads | RAT Grips and adding it to my AICS riser.

Really just need to add some tackiness to the riser I already have, although I do LOVE the Victor Co. Skin - I was looking to upgrade the riser bolts for thumb screws but NOT for $33.00 for TWO bolts! UGH!

~Will

Great options guys! Didn't know about those 2 sites. Thumbscrew ordered!

Having a stock on my R700 purchased from the folks at McRee, I did the same for my AI. It has the synthetic material thats comfortable for the cheek. The part I like best is that it has a zippered pouch on the opposite side. In the pouch I put tools needed to fit that rifle and scope. Along with extra ear plugs and a small note pad and a mechanical pencil. By doing that you always have tools on hand should you need to adjust or repair something. The pad I can keep track of round count and cleaning cycles or other info for that rifle. When the rifle is sold the note pads goes with it, giving the next owner a history log that they can refer too.

Having a stock on my R700 purchased from the folks at McRee, I did the same for my AI. It has the synthetic material thats comfortable for the cheek. The part I like best is that it has a zippered pouch on the opposite side. In the pouch I put tools needed to fit that rifle and scope. Along with extra ear plugs and a small note pad and a mechanical pencil. By doing that you always have tools on hand should you need to adjust or repair something. The pad I can keep track of round count and cleaning cycles or other info for that rifle. When the rifle is sold the note pads goes with it, giving the next owner a history log that they can refer too.

pics? Place of purchase?

I purchased them from McRee Precision. The rear loop can be changed depending on your preference. They work for both left and right handed shooters and with dual zippers you can have it open for either side.

McRee's Precision Rear Stock Pack photo-55.jpg

Use some double sided tape and stick the rubber part from a mouse pad on it. Works perfectly

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

My buddy has a piece of Moleskin on his cheek piece. $1 and it works great. No more slipping, even if you sweat.

+1 the Victor Company grippy cheek-piece.

Really has made a difference during snap shooting / positional shooting :)

They probably wonder why there getting so many small orders lately!!

The Flat Knobs #5N25F48 From J.W. Winco Inc. M5 X 25 DIN653 FLAT KNRLD THUMB SCREW seem to really do the trick. And at under 8 bucks delivered! (I ordered an extra one - just just in case) Think I'll be going with the sticky upgrade pad from Viperskins. Thanks again for the tip!

12257849455_e6bb29655a.jpg

12258426536_9dd7fa0345.jpg

12258018373_bd9bf21c24.jpg

12258292524_bfe9a380cf.jpg
Thanks, needed this. Didn't want to give up 30 bucks for 2 screws.

For those that wonder what the difference is between the two thumb screws for the AICS cheek piece here is a reference photo
top are the plain ones bottom are the screws wight he brass inserts:

The brass filled screws just feel better snugging them down and don't mar up the pins on the cheek riser - but are a bit more in cost.

Actually, here is the one with the brass tip, just like the AI screws

J.W. Winco, Inc. - Flat Knurled Thumb Screws with brass tip

To rundm,
Where do you find $30 for 2 screws? Are they just some quickies? Or she just not that good looking.