• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upgrade TargetShooting.com M/1200 Rest to M/2400

4Certain

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 15, 2020
Little Rock, AR
Good evening Sagittarius and Shiperhide Friends. I just Upgraded my TargetShooting.com M/1200 Rest to M/2400.

The Model 1200 has been very good. Fit and finish is nice. It is very smooth and stable. It is a heavy and stable rest. It has both vertical and horizontal control knobs. I have been using Wally's Model 9 Mini Rest on the rear. It is a nice combination allowing control and several different ways. The Model 1200 and Model 2400 use the same Base. Wally's Top Attachment System with a Delrin type material is very quiet, smooth and stable. See pic below with top removed. The normal rest tops change easily with a 5/32" Allen Head Cap Machine Screw on each side of the rest. Changing is easy and quick. It easily covers the vertical and horizontal movement to cover a Benchrest Target at 50 yards. ... With Room to spare.

The 2400 Top takes a bit more effort because the Center Pad has to be removed to install it. (But even with this it is quick and simple.) The 2400 top should never need to come off. It is very adjustable. Sides can stay vertical and move inward or outward and maintain the vertical sides. Or you can tilt the sides inward at the top with the screws at the top of the ears.

I have not had the rest with the new top to the range yet. Just received the top this afternoon. (The poor UPS carrier got soaked bringing it to the door. I do greatly appreciate their efforts! Hurricane Laura was dumping about 3 inches of rain between 3:00 and 5:00 this afternoon. Coming down HARD!) I have shot enough of Wally's rests to know I am going to really like this set up. I will report more later once I have been able to use it at the range.

I have several of Wally's Targetshooting.com rests. I like them and use them. I have just started shooting our club's Benchrest match. I have enjoyed using his rests. They have worked well for me.

Shoot Straight and pray for our Country. 4Certain

Attachments

• M-1200 Pic 1.jpg
    M-1200 Pic 1.jpg
    892.4 KB · Views: 148
  • M-1200 with No Top.jpg
    M-1200 with No Top.jpg
    811.9 KB · Views: 145
  • M-2400 Pic 1 High.jpg
    M-2400 Pic 1 High.jpg
    709.1 KB · Views: 136
  • M-2400 Pic 2.jpg
    M-2400 Pic 2.jpg
    628.8 KB · Views: 130
  • M-2400 Pic 3 Lowered.jpg
    M-2400 Pic 3 Lowered.jpg
    889.4 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: Sagittarius
Hello, 4Certain.
Just clicked on your link to this topic.
The 2400 top looks very impressive!
Like the features and craftsmanship of the rest.

I haven't decided which rest I'm going to order yet but Wally's is definitely up there.
Thanks for the link and pictures of your new rest; it's appreciated!
Would love to see some pics of your rifle mounted on the front and rear rest when you get the chance to take some.
Thanks again, 4Certain.

Hello, 4Certain.

I haven't decided which rest I'm going to order yet but Wally's is definitely up there.
Would love to see some pics of your rifle mounted on the front and rear rest when you get the chance to take some.
Thanks again, 4Certain.

Thanks Sagittarius. Wally is a good guy and nice to work with. He really tries to do a good job for his customers. He too is a shooter so he gets it...

In case you did not see earlier pics showing Vudoo on Mini 9 Rear Rest and 1200 I will post again here. Also will put on my current bag rider. Thinking about changing it. Also Wally has a 4"x6" rider that attaches to a Picatinny Rail. I like it... I have the 3" wide on my 10-22. works well. Very smooth on the 2400 top. Thinking about ordering the 4" wide.
I will post some more pics of the gun on the rest next time i get to the range...
Stay safe. 4Certain

Attachments

• Vudoo Bag Rider 1.jpg
    Vudoo Bag Rider 1.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Vudoo Bag Rider 2.jpg
    Vudoo Bag Rider 2.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Vudoo on 1200 & Mini 9 Lft.jpg
    Vudoo on 1200 & Mini 9 Lft.jpg
    992.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Vudoo on 1200 & Mini 9 Rt.jpg
    Vudoo on 1200 & Mini 9 Rt.jpg
    700.8 KB · Views: 148
Hello, 4Certain.

Thanks again, 4Certain.

Good afternoon Sagittarius. Pics attached with Vudoo on TargetShooting.com 2400 and Mini 9 Rests. I was very pleased with the way they worked. The adjustablility of the 2400 top is very nice. The little Silver Bags are very firm and slick, slick, slick. I like the system. I am still learning the most optimal way to set up for a benchrest type shot. But I am pleased.
Shoot well. All the best. 4Certain

Attachments

• Vudoo on 2400 Left 9-10-2020.jpg
    Vudoo on 2400 Left 9-10-2020.jpg
    749.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Vudoo on 2400 Rt 9-10-2020.jpg
    Vudoo on 2400 Rt 9-10-2020.jpg
    751.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Vudoo on Mini 9 Left 9-10-2020.jpg
    Vudoo on Mini 9 Left 9-10-2020.jpg
    670.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Vudoo on Mini 9 Rt 9-10-2020.jpg
    Vudoo on Mini 9 Rt 9-10-2020.jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 83
4Certain,

Thanks very much for the new pics of your front and rear-rest.
The pics are really sharp and detailed; Wally makes nice equipment. (y)
I bet those rests would up anyone's score.

Reactions: 4Certain
Hello, 4Certain.

Decided to go with a Randolph Machine front rest.
I like how the front swivels and how easy it is to adjust up and down.
This makes it ideal for shooting ABRA targets which is what my rifle is mainly used for.
Ordered the Randolph accessory F-Class plate to get the rest up to 34lbs for extra stability.

If I decide to order a single shot Vudoo, this rest will be perfect for it too. (y)
The Edgewood bag works well but have a custom Protektor Dr bench-rest bag on order specifically built to the dimensions of the buttstock on my chassis stock.
Also, have a Leg Screw and Stabilfoot Kit on order from PMA Tool to enhance the use of the rest on various benches.
RandolphMachineRest2.jpg

Last edited:
Great Looking Rest and Set up Sagitarius. I like it! I strongly considered one of those rests... Still may get one! Ha!
I would expect it will work great for you!
First Pics and targets of my V22S. Just came in Friday. Had a little time Sat AM before a pistol match...
For a first effort, not too bad. Need to try different ammo... 4Certain

Attachments

• 2020-12-5 No1 Right Bolt Side V22S Single Shot.jpg
    2020-12-5 No1 Right Bolt Side V22S Single Shot.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 72
  • 2020-12-5 No2 Left Port Side.jpg
    2020-12-5 No2 Left Port Side.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 66
  • 2020-12-5 No3 V22S from Rear.jpg
    2020-12-5 No3 V22S from Rear.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 2020-12-5 No4 First 5 shot group.jpg