• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upgrade vs trade in?

Dylanm1212

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2021
Florida
Got a 700 aac sd and im trying to decide if i want to invest into a magpull hunter stock and some magpull mags or if you guys have a better sugjestion to get adjustible cheak rest and detqchable mags for fairly cheap.

Or if i should trade the old girl in at the store and pay the difference to get a bergara b14 hmr.

Not sure what the trade in value is im probably gona bring it by over the weekend

What do u guys think.

Either upgrade or sell.
trading inthey bend you over pretty hard.

If it shoots well for you, just upgrade the stock.
Many nicer for LR than the Magpul, such as the Bravo from KRG.

all depends on budget and plans long term.

Look at Tikka CTR vs Bergara too. Nicer rifles IMO

Reactions: Stoweit
Your cheapest best option is to upgrade the AAC-SD with the Magpul Hunter 700 stock and DBM system with a couple extra mags and cheek riser if needed. All in, you'll be spending about $400.

Upgrade such as the Bravo from KRG.

Havent seen that one. Looks real nice espesualy for the price and is ready to go for mags. The hunter cheek peice just wasnt doing it for me and i didnt want to buy it and modify it.

Thanks for yalls info think i might go this route brownells can even do 1 day ahipping on the stock and 2 mags.

How does it shoot? Why do you want a bergara?
The stock features for 1 and 2 if i were change i would get a rifle that has the poaibility to sgoot better. And from the online reviews that seamed to be the case. Mine can easily hold 1moa out to 300, The furthest my current range goes to till i join a private range.

The issue was most decent chassis where 700-1000 and to me personaly wasnt worth it for adjustabity and a external mag alone. ( the main feetures i looked for)

If your holding moa at 300 already I would suggest keeping it. I'm assuming that your shooting factory ammo, so your going to get more gains by trying different ammo or reloading.

I haven't shot a magpul stock so I'm not sure if that is the right one or not. A take off HS Precision from the Milspec and a DBM would be worth looking into.

Havent seen that one. Looks real nice espesualy for the price and is ready to go for mags. The hunter cheek peice just wasnt doing it for me and i didnt want to buy it and modify it.

Thanks for yalls info think i might go this route brownells can even do 1 day ahipping on the stock and 2 mags.
Just order right from KRG! The owner and founder is a member here and lots of elements of that stock were designed with ‘Hide input.

Go right to the source!

Sirhr

Reactions: Average guy
I don’t like the hunter either. Go for the best price krg bravo. Sometimes distributors have free shipping or sales so they could be less money.

you could always keep it as a gun to pass on to your kids or grand kids they ruin almost everything they touch so why not something like that to learn with and if they want to buy something better later on well it gives them the chance to learn how to save for what they want while having something to use in the mean time . for you a win win and you get to be a super star lol . :unsure: probably not but you will never know unless you try . best of luck which ever way you go .

Purchase the Bergara keep the Remington. If it Is working for you don’t get rid of it jsut yet. If the Bergara really outshoots the Remington by a large margin, then sell (or better yet salt it away for the kids) Till you know the replacement is gonna work, its never a good idea to let one that is working go

Your cheapest best option is to upgrade the AAC-SD with the Magpul Hunter 700 stock and DBM system with a couple extra mags and cheek riser if needed. All in, you'll be spending about $400.

It's cheaper to buy the bravo.

I wouldn’t buy a Bergara unless I knew when it was made. They had bolts coming apart during firing for a few months. Bergara got their bolt problems straightened out but I believe there’s new rifles available for sale that were made during that time.

Got a 700 aac sd and im trying to decide if i want to invest into a magpull hunter stock and some magpull mags or if you guys have a better sugjestion to get adjustible cheak rest and detqchable mags for fairly cheap.

Or if i should trade the old girl in at the store and pay the difference to get a bergara b14 hmr.

Not sure what the trade in value is im probably gona bring it by over the weekend

What do u guys think.
If you decide to upgrade the stock, I will be banned soon for not following site rules.

It's cheaper to buy the bravo.

Yes it is, until you add the cost of Magpul's bottom metal that will let you take there detachable mags, then the price is only 20$ to 30$ difference. The KRG is a better stock then the Magpul, especially at that price difference.

I would spend the 149$ for a Trigger Tech trigger upgrade and put it in a KRG Bravo chassis. And if you do decide to sell it, I would look at a Tikka CTR over the Bergara B14. The Tikka is made better and it is the same price as the Bergara as well.

Yes it is, until you add the cost of Magpul's bottom metal that will let you take there detachable mags, then the price is only 20$ to 30$ difference. The KRG is a better stock then the Magpul, especially at that price difference.

I would spend the 149$ for a Trigger Tech trigger upgrade and put it in a KRG Bravo chassis. And if you do decide to sell it, I would look at a Tikka CTR over the Bergara B14. The Tikka is made better and it is the same price as the Bergara as well.

I'm not quite sure where you were going with that.
Last time I priced the Magpul it was $275 + the $70 bottom plastic.
I paid $330 for my last bravo on sale at Brownells.

Well i do apreciate the help and knowlege from yall i did get the new stock over trying to sell and start from scratch. Just got to reverify zero tgis weekend and im ready for my 2 day training class next month.

Attachments

• 20210823_184323.jpg
    20210823_184323.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
I wouldn’t buy a Bergara unless I knew when it was made. They had bolts coming apart during firing for a few months. Bergara got their bolt problems straightened out but I believe there’s new rifles available for sale that were made during that time.

I wouldn't repeat hearsay that damages a business' reputation.

Reactions: jcmullis2
I wouldn't repeat hearsay that damages a business' reputation.
It’s not hearsay it’s a fact. However another post is spreading more pleasantries about their other problems.