• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Upgraded my first PVS14 to L3 UF WP

Dvlray6

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2020
Texas
I decided to upgrade the tube in my 2012 ITT/Exelis NE/PVS14. This was my first google I bought as a hand select from TNVC. It was my gateway drug to the NV rabbit hole. The factory tube was a thin filmed green phosphor with solid specs for the time s/n 28.5, res 72, Ebi 0.28, halo 0.8 and has not a single blemish. I have been pairing this PVS14 with my Trijicon Skeet irx thermal on a KVC bridge and wanted to closer match the color pallet with a UF WP tube so I called TNVC. I told them the specs I was shooting for, sent in the old unit, and got it back today. As usual with TNVC, they exceeded all expectations. There was NO additional charge for the tube specs.

What came back to me today was a fresh L3 UF WP with no blems and the following specs - s/n 38.2, res 72, ebi 0.5, halo 0.7. Image quality is absolutely phenomenal. While they had it, I had them install a noisefighters night line enhanced battery pack so it could run 123a or aa batteries. With 123a batteries they boast a run time of 75 hours on a single battery. The controls on the pack are much easier to use than the old knobs and also shaves a bit of weight off (nearly 1 oz). The near button controls the power, the next one does the IR illumination, the next two are gain up and down. So far, I like it a lot.

I’ve been a TNVC customer for ten years because of the combination of outstanding products at fair prices coupled with the best customer service in the business before, during, and after the sale. Communications are always excellent. On top of that, they offer great training to show folks how to use the gear. Hats off and a big thank you to Jacob, Jamie, Vic and the whole crew. Another great buying experience.

I’m going to list the old tube on the exchange for anyone looking for a gently used solid thin filmed GP tube.

How much did you save vs just buying another unit? Seems that you replaced over half of the unit and about 80% of the cost components. Did TNVC buy back the old tube and power supply?

Pretty cool -14.

I saved about $2k doing it this way. I will sell the old tube myself. A completely new pvs 14 is $4k with the same tube. I paid around $3k. I should net about $1k for the old tube.

Reactions: mikefraz