• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upgraded scope on my 5R, what a difference

tofst4u2no

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Davenport, FL
Picked up this Remy 5R about 6 months ago. Rifle is in excellent condition and only had about 100 rounds through it. Traded an AR that I only paid $750 for so I was quite pleased. It's an older pre Xmark trigger model. I had originally put a Millett TRS-1 on it and got it down to about 3/4 moa with FGMM. After a few range trips and comparing it to my buddies leupold MK4 I knew I had to upgrade the glass on it. Sold the Millett, got in on the SWFA 5-20HD group buy but until that gets here (ordered on the last day so it's gonna be awhile) I went with a Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50 FFP model. Got it mounted last night and hit the range first thing this morning to get it sighted.

While I agree with most on this site that shooting groups doesn't have much merit or benefit in tactical shooting, I do shoot a few groups after first sighting an optic just to see where it's at.

First group 5 rounds at 100yds after sighting using bipod and rear bag. 168gr FGMM
2011-07-21_12-24-56_374.jpg

Second 5 round group
2011-07-21_12-24-01_976.jpg

And a few pics of the rig

2011-07-21_12-32-49_105.jpg

2011-07-21_12-35-36_913.jpg

2011-07-21_12-33-38_58.jpg

Re: Upgraded scope on my 5R, what a difference

Good shit bro! Sub moa rifle there
wink.gif

Just FYI, you might prefer the bushy over the ss hd mayne... You never know

What magnification you shoot your groups with?

good shooting

Great looking rifle. My wife just bought me a 700 5R for my birthday. Did your gun come with the cheek rest and the butt extender or did you add them? I want to do the same to my gun.

I went with a Warne 20moa base and bedded it to the action. Rings are TPS. I need to swap them out for the low rings as I have the mediums and the scope sits a bit higher off the barrel than I'd like.

Groups were shot at 12x mag.

Mr T. The cheek piece and buttplate were not on the gun when I bought it. I added them myself.