• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upgraded T1x vs R700 Pattern Action

skatz11

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009
Lexington, KY
I’m currently shooting a T1x in a KRG Bravo chassis. I really like the gun and it shoots awesome out to 100-200yds. I’m starting to get hooked on NRL22 matches. I don’t feel like the Tikka is holding me back, but I’ve struggled to get consistent results at 300yds. I guess the two NRL-X matches I’ve signed up for will help answer these questions.

I’m intrigued by the Vudoo/RimX/Bergara setups.

I‘m torn between going full Vudoo or RimX vs installing an IBI barrel on my T1x. I’m guessing that a threaded barrel/action and match chamber are what make that platform more accurate and consistent than T1x slip fit barrel. There seem to be mixed reviews replacing them Tikka barrel.

Option 1. Max out my Tikka with a new barrel and maybe a KRG 2 stage trigger

Option 2. Go full Vudoo or RimX

Option 3. Bergara

The Bergara is the new wildcard for me. I got to shoot a few rounds through one and really liked it. I could get B14R barreled action and KRG Bravo or X-ray and be at the same cost as a Vudoo or RimX barreled action. What are the major technical between the Bergara and the premium custom 22 actions? I appreciate value, but also don’t mind spending more if theres a tangible benefit.

The other factor that is the bolt throw. I’m not wild about 90deg throws. My primary centerfire rifle is TRG, and like the short throw on my T1x.

Thanks in advance for the help. This forum has always pointed me in the right direction.

We went out to 368 yards at the Nationals for NRL22. I saw a 10/22, Bergara, and Tikka clean the stages fine. If you find the ammo that works well, know your dope, and you should be fine.