• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upgrades for AK-47 Mac 90?

IslandTime

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2012
The Island
Anyone have any good suggestions for upgrading the AK-47 Mac 90? (Try to refrain form saying get a better rifle) As an example is there a good trigger upgrade kit? What do you recommend for scope mount? Any suggestions appreciated.

Re: Upgrades for AK-47 Mac 90?

91C15B09-FCBF-4CCE-97F9-F24D0630EAAA-2692-000003DC6A33F34A.jpg

90BD4E95-C903-41A4-95CE-1DDD373BDDA7-2692-000003DC533A22F0.jpg

I love my MAK90

specs:

Ultimak Railed gas tube
Carolina Shooter Supply VEPR tube handguard (modified to work with the ultimak)
Bolton Gas Block (reamed to fit barrel)
Vortex Flash Hider
Red Star Arms two-stage adjustable trigger
Magpul MOE Grip (custom modified but Magpul appears to be coming out with their own now, great).
Mojo Rear sight
ACE AR style folder
Magpul CTR Stock.
Tromix Bolt on charging handle

Texas weapon systems makes a good scope rail and rear peep site

+1 for an Ultimak rail gas tube. Maybe put some sort of optic like an Eotech on it for quicker target acquisition. If your into iron sights I put a pair of meprolight tritium night sights on my Arsenal and I have no complaints. As far as trigger upgrades go the only input I have is stay away from a Jard adustable trigger, they are complete junk. I guess I dont touch AK trigger groups they are not a precision rifle but to each his own. I think the biggest question is, how much do you want to spend?