• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upgrading a S&B PM2 5x25

ut755ln

Rub some dirt on it
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Houston Texas
I received a S&B PM2 5x25 with a very simple dot mil reticle and the turrets are clockwise. I spoke to customer service and they say that they can change out the turrets to ccw but they also said that they can change the reticle as well. Has anyone done this and were you satisfied with the work?

Reactions: SkyScrapin
Did you get a price quote by any chance? AFAIK, S&B USA service center had a good reputation for quality work, with a very experienced guy running the place for many years. The cost, however, ha always been non-trivial.

Reactions: RTH1800 and JakeM
Did you get a price quote by any chance? AFAIK, S&B USA service center had a good reputation for quality work, with a very experienced guy running the place for many years. The cost, however, ha always been non-trivial.
$750 for the new turrets. $900 for a TREMOR 3 reticle plus $30 for shipping.

That’s a lot of money for a reticle, especially when half of that is just a license fee ... what about the MSR2, H2CMR, GRID, etc ?

That’s a lot of money for a reticle, especially when half of that is just a license fee ... what about the MSR2, H2CMR, GRID, etc ?
I am just familiar with the TREMOR3, the S&B customer service said I would save a lot of money with one of their reticles and specifically mentioned the GRID.

Reactions: JakeM
GRID , LRR, even the old XR gen 2 would be leaps better than what you are using.

If you plan to shoot PRS or other games, having a .2 mil hashes will help.

The sad truth is S&B reticles suck compared to what you can get from ZCO, Minox, TT, Kahles, Vortex, Burris, Bushnell,ect.

Reactions: ut755ln
I would take into consideration what you paid and what you can sell this scope for. Then take the amount you can buy the exact scope you want and subtract. If it's much Cheaper then $1680 ( not sure if that includes you shipping to them) then do that. If not send it off. Judging from the 2 S&B scopes I have, I don't think S&B repair/service would be anything less then top notch.

Reactions: ut755ln
I’ve had several CW S&Bs changed to CCW, and all work was fast and professional. Jerry is a pleasure to deal with. I have not had a reticle changed, however.
Doc

Reactions: ut755ln and JakeM
I just had the turrets on my Ultra Short converted from DT35 to DT27 for only $365. Sent it on on Monday and had it back on Saturday (they're 2.5 hours from me). I also considered have a reticle changed on a different scope but they wanted $650'ish so I thought better of it.

Knowing that they can swap out CW for CCW turrets is good to know!!

CM

That's a waste of money. Keep the turret like it is and just turn the way the numbers get bigger. I have run both CW and CCW turrets on S&Bs and no difference. $750 is just burning money. Get a different reticle if you want but I wouldn't waste money on a Horus. Get one of the S&B reticles for half the price.